By anotherfmladdict - 26/09/2013 07:06 - United States - Muscatine

Today, my 15-year-old daughter said she wanted to become a "baby name expert". I chortled, until I looked it up. They actually exist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 010
You deserved it 5 280

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SauceySarah 30

Your daughter to her clients: "Looking at the fetus, I'm really feeling a 'Sally' or 'Samantha' vibe radiating off of her. That'll.. That'll be good."

Comments

this girl's going places....not college, but places

Nope. College is about the only place she will be going.

zooliexo 2

We do exist. I wouldn't call myself an expert but there is a community of us that do it as a hobby. Not too many people have it as there sole job

happyfingers 15

So... What exactly does a "baby name expert" do?

Research, authorship, and occasional consultation.

JamesUSMC 6

at least its not a hooker or something worse than that!!!!

Before he was Keith Stone, he was Charlie Stone.

ulissey_fml 22

If I were her, I 'd use that old trick: ask the happy couple about their top ten favourite movies, and take your pick in the crop..But she shouldn't ask for the one. The parents might end up with North by North- West, and who'd want a name like that.

ViviMage 38

I really don't like names like Krystal, X-Savior, Shenquequa, baldly misspelled names and most celebrity baby names. I won't name my own kid something so You-uniqe, I just won't name my kid that. 4-Real!

piggle 9

It is considered a "poor" name because rich, educated people don't typically use it. There are certain names used by parents of lower socioeconomic status, usually in the hope of giving their child something "fine". Tiffany, Crystal, Alexus, Hennessey are all examples of this.

This is why you wait until you know for sure otherwise you end up looking like an idiot

TheyCallMeDamien 17