By myrkes - 10/09/2015 11:09 - Switzerland - Marstetten

Today, it's the day before my friends' wedding. My dress has not yet been shipped from the online shop where I ordered it three weeks ago, the hand-crafted gift that was ordered last month is trapped at customs and my cats have just managed to open the drawer and eat the wedding card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 150
You deserved it 3 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Weddings are not supposed to be fun or easy! They follow Murphy's Law, what can go wrong will go wrong!

Coland 19

I think she won't mind as long as you are there, right?

Comments

Your friend will probably be so busy enjoying her day she won't have time to dwell on your late card and present, just let her know it's on the way without making it sound like a massive ordeal. As for your dress, do you have any friends who could lend you something? Or make something in your existing wardrobe work? As long as you don't stick out like a sore thumb everyone is going to be looking at the bride's dress anyway.

foxmatrix15 8

Yell and get you wedding dress refund. Yell and talk to supervisor at customs then yell and beat the shit out of ur cats.

You should've ordered it way before that, especially because it's online. One month is not enough time, especially if it's shipping from another country. YDI.

you kinda deserve it for leaving so little time, should always leave at least 2 months for commercially shipped purchases.

That's a sign that you should not go, heed the warnings

SweetSociopathy 24

When ordering online for a specific date, make sure the site offers guaranteed shipping several days before you need it. Buy a new card, print out a picture of the gift you're waiting on, and explain what's happened. If it were my wedding, I wouldn't be upset, and I definitely wouldn't care which dress you wore.

Are you in the wedding party or just a guest? Sucks to be you if you order online 3 weeks before the event, should've been done much earlier! Not sure what you can do now but if you're a first then just go to dress barn or Burlington or somewhere. If an ordered gift is stuck in customs maybe next time don't buy from overseas.

I don't know if u r in the wedding or not but from what i know being in the bridal party of a couple weddings always buy anything whether in store or online 3 months in advance, always, so this doesn't happen.....jus sayin!

That's why I prefer brick and mortar stores.

The fact that you waited till three weeks before to order? YDI