By myrkes - 10/09/2015 11:09 - Switzerland - Marstetten

Today, it's the day before my friends' wedding. My dress has not yet been shipped from the online shop where I ordered it three weeks ago, the hand-crafted gift that was ordered last month is trapped at customs and my cats have just managed to open the drawer and eat the wedding card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 150
You deserved it 3 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Weddings are not supposed to be fun or easy! They follow Murphy's Law, what can go wrong will go wrong!

Coland 19

I think she won't mind as long as you are there, right?

Comments

Cancel the online order and go emergency-shopping at a brick and mortar store. Buy another card. Emily Post says you're okay on the wedding gift for up to three months, so buy a small token (or even a gag gift), and include with it an apologetic note about the real gift's delay.

Are you a bridesmaid? Normally, bridesmaids order their dresses 3-4 months in advance, not weeks...

Please tell me you are not a bridesmaid? Because if so you should have ordered your dress way sooner...

vb68_fml 28

At least it's not your wedding...

MissSticks 21

You didn't order it of forhimandforher did you? My friend is getting married in a couple of weeks and she got us bridesmaids to get our dresses from there. Out of the 5, we have 4 horror stories about that site.

Maybe this is a sign, telling you not to go.

Raylosophy 10

Such a horrible string of bad luck. .....and was that a salmon flavored wedding card?

That sucks, but ydi. It's common knowledge that online ordering can take ages, and needs even more spare time in order to fix any measurement problems. I'm sure though that your friend didn't mind waiting a bit longer for a good gift:)