By myrkes - 10/09/2015 11:09 - Switzerland - Marstetten

Today, it's the day before my friends' wedding. My dress has not yet been shipped from the online shop where I ordered it three weeks ago, the hand-crafted gift that was ordered last month is trapped at customs and my cats have just managed to open the drawer and eat the wedding card. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 150
You deserved it 3 034

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Weddings are not supposed to be fun or easy! They follow Murphy's Law, what can go wrong will go wrong!

Coland 19

I think she won't mind as long as you are there, right?

Comments

So yeah it sucks and all and you probably don't deserve it, but 3 weeks isn't very long for online shopping, especially for clothes. Hope it all works out!

Although many things have gone wrong, the only really bad thing is the dress not being available yet. The other things although unfortunate that they are not there yet, can easily be given afterwards.

A smart person would have thought about this a few days ago, and not panicked the day before. You could clearly check that the dress had not shipped, so you've obviously had a few days to think that over. You could have easily cancelled that shipment and went shopping so you aren't doing it last minute. And as for the present, go pick up a new card from the store and explain in it what happened. As long as you eventually give it to them, it doesn't matter.

corky1992 33

Exactly! Why wait until the day before to freak out? She should have done something days ago. If I were the bride I wouldn't be very happy with her if she was part of my wedding party.

Sorry to hear that's how your day been going

corky1992 33

That's why you don't order dresses from online..especially 3 weeks before the wedding. if anything you should have ordered it before then and should have figured something else out considering the wedding is tomorrow.

Well universe telling you something ... Go or not to go ?:o

They could write a movie about this. I hear Hollywood calling

Ordering a dress with only three weeks to spare? What if it didn't fit? You would have had to take it in for tailoring or return it, which could have taken several weeks as well.

Maybe you shouldn't go. I'd take that as the universe screaming "DON'T GO!!"

Stephencharis 14