Quandary

By Anonymous - 10/09/2023 06:02 - Singapore

Today, after my boyfriend left me a few months ago, I'd accepted him back because I wanted to work things out. However, now the pain I had to go through is making me lose sleep, interest, and my self-respect. Ugh! FML
I agree, your life sucks 209
You deserved it 636

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He's not worth it. Ditch him again and take time out for you.

Wanting to work it out and it being a good idea to work it out are not always the same thing. This is one of those occasions where they're very much not.

Comments

He's not worth it. Ditch him again and take time out for you.

Wanting to work it out and it being a good idea to work it out are not always the same thing. This is one of those occasions where they're very much not.

It’s always a balancing act - Is the relationship salvageable? Some people give up too soon when it was salvageable and could have improved… Some people don’t recognize that the relationship isn’t salvageable and let themselves be taken advantage of because they are trying too hard to make things work… A relationship has to work for both people. If it doesn’t then it’s not really going to last. But I admit that’s a tough judgement call sometimes.

Dump him. There were reasons for the breakup, and they will come back around. I had dated a guy for about 8 months, when he left me because he “needed his own space,” and I was “taking up too much of his time.” After a few months, he wanted to get back together, and I agreed. Fast forward 8 YEARS, and he pitched a fit because I “don’t treat him like part of my family,” meaning that he’s not allowed to just walk into my house when I’m not expecting him, and he was mad because I sometimes like to do things with just my kids and not him. So…he still wants his space and time, but I wasn’t allowed to have mine. I wish I had saved myself those 8 extra years.