By hungry - 01/01/2015 05:50 - United States

Today, is the fourth day of my husband's and my new diet and exercise routine. I've already caught him eating junk food 4 times. He has lost 2 lbs and I've gained 3. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 741
You deserved it 3 999

Same thing different taste

Top comments

expertsmilee 26

Men just lose it easier, it's ****** up, but for the most part true.

Some people have fast metabolisms, dont fret! Just do more cardio and maybe drink a protien shake in place of a meal if you want to gain muscle as well

Comments

All of these comments about metabolisms etc are likely wrong in this situation and its far mor likely that the weight you have gained is in muscle and because he already has it he is simply losing the fat surrounding it.

Don't fret! Weight seriously is just a number. I'm barely 5'4" and weigh close to 150lbs but still appear thin. It's all just muscle mass. Since you have been kickin' it and actually sticking to your diet, then you will gain muscle before you loose fat. Just make sure in your new diet you aren't starving yourself or skipping meals. Try even adding meals! Many small meals throught the day will help to increase your metabolism and replace the fat. If you are dieting to improve your body's appearence try doing many body weight or low weight reps to build lean muscle. Doing heavy weight will build bulky muscle, and if you are trying to thin up or just look toned, not ripped, lower weight and higher reps are the way to go. Keep it up! Take a picture, measurements, etc and in a month (and not before) look back and compare to see how far you've come. You will have had much change since then. Its a slower process so weighing yourself and measuring yourself frequently will only discourage you. Just keep at it, you CAN do it!

Sometimes it really depends on how you eat and not what you eat. Chew your food more and don't grab for more food until you've swallowed what's already in your mouth

rabid_otaku 29

Four days isn't long enough to see legit results. Don't worry.

It's only been four days. There's no way your weight changes are related to the diet/exercise. Normal fluctuations occur.

Make sure you're measuring at the same time of day each time for accurate readings.

Okay, if you want to lose weight, don't bring you boyfriend or husband into it. It is pointless and aggravating. Us guys don't have to do everything that you do!

Don't compare your results to his. Everyone loses weight at different rates. Depending on your workout regimen you could even lose fat and gain muscle which would cause you to weigh more, not less. Keep on it. The longer you go at it, the more you'll see positive results.

Fat weighs less than muscle. I started gaining weight when I first started working out and it freaked me out. It's muscle mass.