Taking advantage

By Stigmamma - 28/06/2020 05:06

Today, after 3 months of my man claiming he's going to start eating better "next week", he finally went on a diet. What changed? I started eating healthy while trying for a baby. He is "supporting me" by getting me to do extra meal prep for him too. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 345
You deserved it 301

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I mean, it's a start. It may kind of suck now, but as he starts to see results he may start doing it himself. Hopefully as he gets healthier he has more energy, which would mean improvements in other parts of life as well. I would just roll with it for now and see where it goes.

I think sometimes you should just take the win. Congrats on getting your man on a diet.

Comments

I think sometimes you should just take the win. Congrats on getting your man on a diet.

I mean, it's a start. It may kind of suck now, but as he starts to see results he may start doing it himself. Hopefully as he gets healthier he has more energy, which would mean improvements in other parts of life as well. I would just roll with it for now and see where it goes.

Taylor Caldwell 10

Why do you want another baby? You already have a child.

I wouldn’t complain about him finally going on diet with you. I understand the frustration in having to make extra meal prep for him. If you stick with it he may start doing it for himself once he sees the result and may want continue with getting healthier.

1. It's great that he's willing to do this with you. 2. It's not really that much extra work to prep for 2 people. I do it for my husband and myself. I was thrilled my hubby was willing to support me by not bitching about changing our eating habits, or daemanding I cook a healthy meal for me but still making him fatty/starchy meals. Honestly, I don't see the problem here. How about thanking him for his willingness to do this with you?

MN_girl21 7

Maybe you could get him to do it with you? Then it’s more time spent together and you both are sharing the work. It could be fun! I don’t think you’re selfish for not wanting to do the work for him too, I don’t eat as healthy as I should and meal prep/planning seems daunting to me, so doing it for two people seems like a lot. Once you both do it I’m sure it will get easier and faster and maybe it will give him the confidence to do it alone too!

If I were you, I'd reconsider wanting to have a baby with this man-child.