By Anonymous - 11/12/2013 08:25 - United States

Today, is my little sister's 16th birthday. I spent my last $20 on a gift for her, cleaned the house for her party, made an ice cream cake, and got her a rose. What did I get? "I hope you kept the receipt for this. Oh, and stay in your room during my party." FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 518
You deserved it 3 838

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Allennis44 16

Take the gift and eat the ice cream cake on your own

ZY1431 24

I would've taken the gift back, got my money back and got myself something.

Comments

Trash the house, eat the cake and take the gift back.

frizz101 22

I hope you crashed your sisters party and took the gift back.

Sounds like my little sister, she did similar things to me! Stand strong!

Hand out photocopied pages of her diary to all the party guests. Happy birthday bitch.

NodakN8V 25

Happy birthday now watch all that shit disappear

SuperMew 22

When my brother turned 17 he decided he wanted to have a huge party with like 30 of his friends. We set up the pool house at our apartment building for his party. I wrote out all the invitations, made all the food, cleaned up and decorated. Right before the party, my brother told my brother and I we were not invited. He called me an ugly cow and said I embarrassed him. He told my brother he was too fat to not have a shirt on. He didn't want us near him at all today. He said he hated us and didn't want us around. After we did all the work mind you. I told him fine, if that is what he wanted, we would not be anywhere near him on his birthday. We returned his gifts, bought some booze, and since there were still a few hours before his party, we called everyone on the list and cancelled the party. We called our own friends, had them come to the pool house early, and we threw a party. When my brother called from his after school events for us to pick him up we told him to take the bus. My mom refused to pick him up either because of his attitude and he was grounded on his birthday. He didn't speak to us for about three weeks, but at the end he learned a very valuable lesson on how to treat people who do nice things for you. They can, and just might, take it away from you.

DavidKnows 11

Best response I've ever read. You outwitted him in spades! Congrats! That's SO much better, and more mature, than the violence suggested by some others: "slap her" "punch her in the throat" "kick her ass"

skittyskatbrat 19

Well done. And well done for the parent(s) that backed you both up by grounding the brat. And yes, that IS a valuable lesson to be learned. Most don't have to learn it so painfully, but sometimes? It IS necessary.

SuperMew 22

The Not Your Birthday Party was awesome. Little brother is now much nicer and afraid of us, so he makes sure he always says nice things and is polite. My mom is not above the hard lessons in life, even if it means we miss a once in a lifetime opportunity. I missed out on a concert because I failed English class. She went with her friend and made sure to show us all the pictures. I was crushed but learned the importance of going to class and doing well.

skyeyez9 24

Im glad to read that your mom sided with you vs your selfish and hateful 17yr old brother. The way some parents are, they'd ground the siblings who were treated like crap instead. My brother was always cruel and abusive. I would have LOVED to have had a caring sibling who set me up a birthday party.

What an ungrateful little bitch. Sorry you have a rotten sibling. I wouldn't go out of your way to do anything extra or nice for her anymore. Good luck.

this is where you watch lonely island's "threw it on the ground" video and replicate the cake scene (or you can just shove it in her face too - but only if all her friends are there) and then you go in her room, and do the same. [i took it and threw it on the grouuunnnd!!!].