Sounds wonderful

By hermit's life - 25/12/2016 07:11 - United States - Sellersburg

Today, I learned that instead of spending Christmas alone with my cat, enjoying chicken quesadillas and a tin of tuna while watching only the best cartoons, my mother's coming over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 368
You deserved it 1 361

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't you just hate when your plans to unwind gets sabotaged by more or less well-meaning extroverts, who just can't be convinced that you enjoy the solitude? Oh, how I love being treated like a charity case.

I am torn here, because I am a loner (mostly), and on the other hand, would greatly welcome seeing my mother on an occasion such as Christmas (despite my general disdain for holidays). I mean ... being alone 100% of the time can't be good for your psyche. Do you not like your mother or something? Need more info. *sigh*

Comments

species4872 19

And this is bad because?? need a follow up here

You only need a follow-up if you aren't an introvert with a legally insane mother. Sorry, OP. I feel your pain.

There is nothing sad about spending time with a cat, the glorious friends.

im actually jealous of op, seemed like they were about to have more fun then me

It's sad because the OP would rather spend time with the cat than their own mother. Something must have gone seriously wrong with their relationship.

Whys that so bad? No one should be alone on Christmas, it's a time for family and friends. Otherwise I hope you have a wonderful Christmas op

**** that shit! I am taking today to unwind and relax, and I can't do that with people, especially family, around. I'd also rather spend Christmas on the bottom of the ocean than with my mother.

Don't you just hate when your plans to unwind gets sabotaged by more or less well-meaning extroverts, who just can't be convinced that you enjoy the solitude? Oh, how I love being treated like a charity case.

awildwhisper 30

With my neurotic mom and being an introvert, I'd take the cat and snacks over my mom for Christmas any day.

I am torn here, because I am a loner (mostly), and on the other hand, would greatly welcome seeing my mother on an occasion such as Christmas (despite my general disdain for holidays). I mean ... being alone 100% of the time can't be good for your psyche. Do you not like your mother or something? Need more info. *sigh*

To all the extroverts with happy families who are already cropping up to ask how this is an FML, all I have to say is "bah, humbug."

I hope you still had an enjoyable Christmas even with your mother there.

Not everyone has wonderful parents or family. Op's mother may be overly controlling, begging for money/freeloading, being abusive, etc.