By Anonymous - 11/12/2013 08:25 - United States

Today, is my little sister's 16th birthday. I spent my last $20 on a gift for her, cleaned the house for her party, made an ice cream cake, and got her a rose. What did I get? "I hope you kept the receipt for this. Oh, and stay in your room during my party." FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 518
You deserved it 3 838

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Allennis44 16

Take the gift and eat the ice cream cake on your own

ZY1431 24

I would've taken the gift back, got my money back and got myself something.

Comments

metalcrazed 21

Wow,wish I had a sister like you! Hopefully she will grown out of the selfish phase.

Return the gift, buy a *****, and go to the party saying "Hey, look what I found in *insert sister's name here* room!"

Sounds like a normal 16 year old girl to me. I have raised two of them. The people saying punch her or take her present must have NO experience with girls from 14 to about 18. Girls are not very tolerable at that age. They are like puppies, what they can't pee on they chew up. Unfortunately this is usually their mother and siblings.

skyeyez9 24

Not all teenage girls are ungrateful narcissists.

My sister, though sometime annoying, was outright amazing to me. We are a few years apart, and even I wondered sometimes why I got to hang out with high school kids. Not all teenage girls are the same, and some need to be shown they are ungrateful. Some go through a phase which is cool, other are just horrible.

SuperMew 22

That is the flippant attitude about behavior that makes them think they can act like that. Also, if your kids are peeing on things, then you need to really rethink your parenting style. I had my dramatic moments, because **** hormones and puberty, but my parents demanded respect and my attitude was not acceptable. I learned when my mom said, "You are getting an attitude" I better stop talking or acting like that or I lost out on something fun. I am not sure how your parenting style is, but you are the parent and do not have to take that from your kids.

skittyskatbrat 19

Normal to do it ONCE. And then you march that kid straight to the older sibling, and you make her apologize, in detail, for her behavior. And then you make her thank them, in detail, for all that they did. And the second time? Party is off. Ice cream cake is eaten by everyone BUT her. Presents go back to the store. ONE teenage-bitch moment every few months is normal. But as a parent, you don't dismiss it. You step up to the plate, you parent that kid, and you draw the line at that sort of behavior. And there is a big fat "Or Else" backing it up too. Cell phones can be sold, routers/modems can be password-protected, after-school activities can be dropped. It's only typical-teenage-girl behavior once in a blue moon. More than that? Either the kid has issues, or the parent isn't parenting.

Quiet_one 22

Ugh. Hopefully she'll outgrow her "ungrateful bitch" phase in a couple years. You should return the gift, keep the money, and take the cake over to a friend's house so you can enjoy it with someone who will appreciate it. She'll whine about that too, but maybe next time she'll at least fake some gratitude. Kudos to you for (presumably) staying calm. If one of my younger siblings treated me that way after I went to all that effort I'd probably explode.

It can't be the first time she ever acted like that. You had to know in advance that your sister is an ungrateful bitch, and yet you did nice things for her anyway. Ydi.

Well, at least you know what you're doing for her next year! Hint: N O T H I N G

lightanddark 17

make a mess, eat the cake, and embarrass her in front of her friends. that'll teach her