By Light Sleeper - 14/10/2012 04:24 - United States - Evansville

Spicy
Today, I woke up to my boyfriend trying to initiate sex with me in my sleep. He confessed to thinking that if he did it lightly enough, I'd think I was just dreaming. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 002
You deserved it 4 479

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Please inform him that's legally considered to be rape, if you haven't already! Surely most jurisdictions would have it down as so, anyway.

Wow, it wouldn't let me add my comment no matter how many times I submitted. I, out of frustration, put a bunch of dots and hit submit. OF COURSE it submits that one. I accept all thumbs down with full knowledge of the consequence of my actions.

Comments

Guys, the problem isn't that he initiated sex with her while she was asleep. Sure, a lot of women do enjoy being woken up by sex. The problem is that he *wanted* her to stay asleep, and not wake up.

Wow, that's rape, plain and simple. You can't consent while you're asleep. Dump him, OP, clearly he doesn't care whether you consent or not.

onorexveritas 23

alright person who rated my comment down - I don't mean rape as in rape, jesus christ no. first of all he had no intention of hurting you as it seems. however, I could imagine this would be a bit awkward for you if you've never thought of a situation like this or never been in it. I however, and apparently many others here, find it exciting. i admit that he probably shouldn't have just put it in you, but with some foreplay to wake you up then go ahead, that'd probably have been a "My life is awesome" moment.

Rape as in rape? What? Rape is sex with no given consent. And what the OP's boyfriend was doing or attempting to do is rape. Obviously she isn't fine with it. It's on FML. And that whole "no intentions of hurting you" has nothing to do with the situation. He had no decency to even ask if it would be ok to do it. I rather be woken up an asked for a quickie then have my right of choosing if I wanted to at all being taken away.

onorexveritas 23

Next time, you try to peg him while he's sleeping. Tell him you were trying not to disturb him by doing it "lightly."

DTMFA already, he's a rapist. Sex with the nonconsenting is called "rape".

Two thoughts: Ted Bundy used to have his girlfriend pretend to be asleep or dead when they had sex, because he liked it better that way... My ex used to try this all the time..he "knew that girls didn't have orgasms as often, and since he would be in pain if he didn't get off", he saw no harm.

It's okay for a woman to wake up her man with a handjob or even by slipping his morning wood into a happy place...but if a guy tries to do the same to his girl it's rape? LOL feminists. This is totally one of the hottest ways I've ever been woken up by my man. It isn't rape. If he did that again and I said no, he would stop.

1) Yes it's ok, if he told you it was. If you've never spoken about it before then nope it's still rape. There has to be consent given in some way shape or form. 2) If it's never been discussed there could be issues because while you personally may enjoy being woken up by having some guy shove his dick into you. Many women would not yet be physically prepared for that when just waking up so for them it may feel like being stuffed with sand paper and torn open. 3) As many people have pointed out He WASN'T TRYING to wake her up. He was trying to finish it all off while she was still asleep and hoped she would think it was a dream. Would you really and truly be comfortable finding that your partner had sex with you while you were sleeping and didn't want you to know? Which is what the OP's boyfriend seemed to be hoping for. I said it a few posts up and I say it again, that seems sketchy.

My girlfriends try's stuff like that to me while I'm asleep, it's great to wake up to, did anyone ever think maybe she's into stuff like that, just because y'all aren't into it don't mean you gotta claim rape

Yes, because people usually post an FML about something that happened to them that they were happy about.