By anon - 27/07/2015 04:43 - United States

Spicy
Today, I tried to wake my boyfriend up to sex. When I went to touch his penis, he elbowed me in the face, mumbled an apology and began snoring again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 538
You deserved it 5 936

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sleep is an amazing thing, don't interrupt it

danceinconverse 25

Wow, I'm thinking he's going to regret that when he's fully conscious. Hopefully he'll make it up to you!

Comments

It's the thought that counts. There's nothing wrong with a second try!

He was obviously half asleep, and not aware of anything going on. If she tried again, more aware of the elbow, there's no reason that it wouldn't work.

He probably won't even remember it when he wakes up. OP's boyfriend was half-asleep while doing that

danceinconverse 25

Wow, I'm thinking he's going to regret that when he's fully conscious. Hopefully he'll make it up to you!

HighasaCloud 46

He has absolutely nothing to make up for. It is incredibly sexist to assume that just because OP's boyfriend is male, he will ALWAYS be into sex. The Y chromosome is not a substitute for consent, danceinconverse. I guarantee you would not feel apologetic if you elbowed your boyfriend for touching your ****** while you were sleeping. I bet you would feel he completely deserved it. Just as OP deserved getting elbowed.

shmoooopie 29

I dont think op deserved to get elbowed in the face. Nobody said that men want sex all the time. There's a lot of men and women who wouldn't mind being woken up for some morning sex. It always puts me in a great mood for the rest of the day

Why do people get something sexist out of anything someone says?

Nothing like a bit of ignorance huh #26? Seems you got that down to a T

I would totally not regret elbowing my partner in the face if he tried that, but that would be more out of not consenting to being woken up than not consenting to sex. It's just a bit silly expecting him to be able to go from 0 to 10 (10 being ready for sex) in a matter of seconds, especially when there's sleeping to be done, if you want something that goes on demand, get a vibrator.

Seriously 26? If you're in a committed, loving relationship, there should be nothing wrong to waking up to sex unless it's something that's been previously addressed as not okay. I'm all for explicit consent when it comes to hookups and sex with your partner, but once you've been in a relationship for a long period of time, you should know your partner well enough to know if they'd be into that or not. My boyfriend knows that I would love to wake up with his face between my legs on any given day. OP either doesn't know her boyfriend well enough to know his reaction to someone waking him up, or caught him in the middle of a bad dream. Either way, an elbow to the face was unnecessary.

You guys are thinking way too deep into this. When I read this FML, I assumed that he did this in his sleep, meaning he didn't realize what he did. He wasn't fighting sexist stereotypes, he was sleeping.

No one said that all men want sex 24/7. This is something I think that differs in relationship. My fiancé and I both know that we could wake the other up to sex even at 2 am and we would both be down (unless we are working the next day). It's personal preference.

Either he had some sex hours ago or he is ill and you should call the doctor. A man ignoring sexual advance, that can't be right, can it?

Are you serious? Please tell me you aren't serious. That's something that couples can do for each other if they're both comfortable with it. Assuming they're sleeping in the same bed, naked, and presumably had sex recently, it's ok.

You're wrong. Just because you're in a committed loving relationship does not mean that you would want to be woken up to sex all the time. Sometimes you're just not in the mood.

Sleep is an amazing thing, don't interrupt it

NotGabe 28

Sleep is my only love life. :(

SaniK 17

Men are unpredictable when they sleep. But at least he apologized :)

Women are unpredictable when asleep too, lets not stereotype here.

cat4651 15

Even the manliest of men will choose sleep over sex when they are tired!