By Sara - 04/03/2009 22:42 - United States

Today, I woke up at 5:30 AM to my boyfriend flipping on the lights and shouting, "We have a problem!" Our chinchilla had gotten out of his maximum security cage, and half of our apartment is now underwater because he decided the water line that leads to the fridge would make a tasty midnight snack. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 575
You deserved it 9 070

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nipas13titans 0

That is ******* crazy! Best of luck on that one... those damn chinchillas are cute, but lurking deep beneath their masks of adorableness lies a malicious monster, waiting to escape...

spankyness 0

I hate those things... I stayed over at this girls dorm and she had one and of course it got out and every hour when I was about to fall asleep itd bite me and run away

Comments

lol! This sucks. I hope your chinchilla is OK, though. #20 - They don't look much like rats to me at all, but that's probably because I've owned pet rats. I think both are adorable, though! I love rodents!

@#39 It is probably a fridge with a built in ice-maker. I have rats. I am glad that none of them has shown a desire to escape. My hamster on the other had does nothing but attempt to escape.

imfrom503 0

you have a chinchilla!?!?!? and you havent skinned it and sold it yet!?!?!?

ciaobella_fml 0

That Cage sure worked lol. Sorry that sucks.

getting that cage was probably a very good idea but there is only one flaw to it the cage must be locked for it to actually work. lol

waterkie 0

this is about the funniest thing i have VEVR read in my life i died

solaris1302 0

Ha, that really really sucks. You'd think it'd stop chewing when it first gets through the pipe and a small amount of water is leaking, they hate water. My ex had one when we were dating and a drop of water fell on its head from its water container and it spazzed out for about 3 minutes trying to get the water off. A few months ago it started chewing through its cage bars and getting out... he new boyfriend, being the lazy bastard he is did not offer to fix said cage, and she of course had no idea what to do. She began placing the cage in the corner to cover the holes such that the wall stops the chinchilla from escaping. The chinchilla proceeded to chew on other areas of the cage. Eventually getting out. My ex has 2 cats; therefore, my ex does not have a chinchilla anymore. They didn't eat it, but one of them beat it up playing with it and it died two days later.

A <a href="http://www.radiofence.com/bark-collars/">Bark Collar</a> is a safe, effective and humane way to train your dog not to bark too much.