By Anonymous - 26/10/2009 14:43 - United States

Today, I witnessed a homeless man fall off of his bike and land face first onto the pavement. Bleeding and shivering in the 40 degree weather, I gave him the coat off of my back. He got up like nothing happened and sprinted away with it. Oh yeah, my wallet was in the inside pocket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 884
You deserved it 33 964

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Isn't if funny how the world works sometimes? You try to do something nice, and you get screwed.

CaptainPat 0

Idea. Get on the bike and chase that hobo, then ghost ride it into his ass.

Comments

This would be FYL if you remembered your wallet...YDI.

What did you really expect to happen? How would you feel if you were homeless and freezing, and someone gave you a coat, only to take it away again? I'm sorry, but in my book that doesn't count as a good deed, since the coat will raise the man's body temperature so that if you take it back, he'll be even colder. If you wanted to keep him warm, you should have bought him a coat. You shouldn't feel like the victim here - you gave him a coat, he took it as a gift. You did a nice thing, and you're complaining that you couldn't undo it?

Agreed. And he would stink up your coat as well.

All moral debates aside, if you're from Michigan, why would you ever use "shivering" and "40 degrees" in the same sentence? 40s are toasty shorts weather for me, a Bostonian, and Michigan is far worse than Boston in the winter.

he needs it more than you do. imagine what his lifes like? put yourself in his shoes, and imagine what youd do for a warm meal. so get over it

holy shit, 40 degrees!!!!! NOOO WAYYY!!! :O

That is why I never do anything for homeless people. I'd rather donate to Good Will because I bought a hamburger for a homeless guy once, and he just threw it on the ground and walked away.

amberspain 0

I work at a pretty expensive fast food restaurant. One day, this homeless lady was outside of our drive thru picking up the spare change. I literally ran out to the back to catch up with her with a meal for her and she opened the box and spit in it, handed it back to me then walked away. :/

Wow, it was 40 degrees?! How on earth do you LIVE? Do you have to wear a full bodysuit lined with hot water bottles? Seriously man, 40 degrees is not cold. Its not even below freezing. If someone shivers in 40 degree weather, they need to move to Caribbean or something.

xbox_playa 0

Dude, what if she came from Texas. Down here, people shiver in 70 degrees weather, only because its always in the 90s, and sometimes the 100s. but i dont care, i like the cold.

Ouch!!! Sorry. At least your a decent human being (applause) :)