By jkl54 - 01/04/2009 00:07 - United States

Today, I went with my girlfriend to the mall. We were looking at jewellery in Zales and she came across the engagement rings. She looks at one and says, "Are you kidding me? That ring is hideous and it's the most expensive one here! Who the fuck would buy that?" Well, that would be me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 865
You deserved it 6 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Return and exchange! Choose one she liked! If she has to wear it her whole life it better be something she doesn't think is "hideous".

Comments

Return it and get something she likes. Obviously, you should have found out her tastes and not just go for the most expensive rock out there. Not all women like big, gaudy jewels they'll have to drag around for their entire life. Return the ring, take her to the jewelry story again in a few weeks, and see which ones she seems interested in. THEN buy her the ring.

haha, your girlfriends a biitch, it doesnt matter what it looks like, i think its more or less the fact that your getting engaged with her, like ungrateful much? :P

xMooMoox 0

#53 shes a bitch because she doesn't like the ring SHE is going to have to wear? I'm sure her boyfriend put a lot of thought into it, but she had no idea he had gotten it for her. Shes the one that has to wear it! I don't think you even understand what the FML means. Your saying shes ungrateful? She never got anything she just commented on a ring in Zales. I think #32 needs to add you to his list. On another note I'm scared this will happen to me. I would feel to guilty to tell him I hate it after he proposed. I just would secretly hate it. I would wear it because he spent the time picking it out and I wouldn't want to hurt his feelings. I have to make sure I can tell him lol!

Exchange it. In my opinion if you do not even know what kind of things your girlfriend likes and dislikes you should not be getting married.

that's why you NEVER pick out an engagement ring without even asking her what she likes

At least you found out beforehand, now you can get her one that she will love, and she never has to know about the mishap. It's better than her wearing a ring she hates for the rest of her life. When she said that, you should have responded with, "Yeah, you're right. Which one do you think is the best?"

dam that sucks!... you went out of your way to do that... lol she must not appreciate things??

5ive 0

You're gf is a bitch. & she's obviously not classy if she says '****' loudly in public