By jkl54 - 01/04/2009 00:07 - United States

Today, I went with my girlfriend to the mall. We were looking at jewellery in Zales and she came across the engagement rings. She looks at one and says, "Are you kidding me? That ring is hideous and it's the most expensive one here! Who the fuck would buy that?" Well, that would be me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 865
You deserved it 6 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Return and exchange! Choose one she liked! If she has to wear it her whole life it better be something she doesn't think is "hideous".

Comments

Vagabones 0

Dump the ****. If she gives you shit for sacrificing two or so weeks pay for a damned ring, up her ass with broken glass.

what a bitch = One would think that common sense dictates you have no right to bitch if you don't help pick.

thinkpink 0

#32 I don't think that I will have trouble getting hitched. READ MY COMMENT. I say how she should be APPRECIATIVE. And was giving the OP advice on maybe how to go about selecting rings together. And I also said before you that you don't have to wear the damn thing forever. Go back and read mine.

fuckthatnoise 0

Screw her! You're a keeper! SHE is not!

#74: the original poster didn't give her a chance to pick, and didn't think her opinion sufficiently interesting that he should solicit it beforehand. Best to let her pick the ring, with some (minor) suggestions from you to indicate that you're interested. One tactic I've heard of is to get a cheap, simple ring to propose with -- thus maintaining surprise, if you go for that -- and then go with her to pick out the final one.

Do you really want to marry someone so unpleasant and outright rude? If she's that obnoxious in public imagine how much she will ridicule you at home. I am SURE you can do better.

fitbrit89 0

Awww! To be honest you're actually lucky, at least you can change it and get one she likes? its a win win situation- not really an FML moment when you consider all things...

redhotpeppers48 0

Hey, at least you tried. I don't think it was your girlfriend's fault, she probably just thought it was just another outing to the mall. Props to you for trying to surprise her :)

Oh you poor man! I hope you can get a refund! And I hope you took the opportunity to slyly figure out which one she likes best. :)