By NewlyDread - 06/02/2013 02:31 - Canada - Toronto

Today, my boyfriend and I were looking at engagement rings. When the store owner asked about our budget, my boyfriend said with a straight face, "Nothing too expensive, I have a big penis so I don't have to overcompensate by buying a big diamond." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 375
You deserved it 7 424

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Who wouldn't prefer a big penis over a big diamond?

why in the world would they shop for engagement rings together? isn't the whole point to propose to her with something she hasn't seen yet?

chlorinegreen 27

It's fun to go look and get estimates. She can tell her boyfriend the kind she likes and which ones she doesn't. (Shape color etc) though she may know the engagement is coming she won't know what the ring will look like exactly. Or she may like to get the ring together! Just depends on the couples preference.

yoursucklives 36

or maybe he didn't propose, but they decided to get married. happens too.

But the question is, is it a YDI? OP is getting the big D after all

@40 - Id prefer the big penis, yes. And yeah, diamonds are ok (I prefer opals). But Id rather have the big penis and a small mouth that knows how to shut the hell up. I mean, if I said that in front of everyone he'd get all offended and everyone would look at me weird xD....psh..She's trying to be a lady and he blurts that out...ugg..FYL indeep OP.

free2speak 14

As a girl, I'd rather my soon-to-be-fiancé take me with him when shopping for rings. My BF is amazing and he's got a great personality but god knows he can't shop for presents for me or the women in his family without needing pretty direct guidance. He just doesn't get what women like/don't like.

thenomad 7

I picked my diamond out 2 days after we were engaged. He proposed to me with a bracelet. I thought it was really cute and wasn't offended at all. I got to choose the ring that i really liked and was able to walk out of the store wearing it.

A woman who appreciates a big dick! She knows what she likes. :)

Lol you should've said uhm about that.....

Sir_ND_Pity 35

OP: Yes, he indeed does have a big penis. Something like that?

I was saying she would try to embarrass him by saying its not big.

inthedopeshow 17

How would that possibly benefit her in the slightest?

Why deliberately try to piss him off??

Priceless! Give your bf a high five for me.

JJ_Rokk 10

Seriously. That's a major win on his part.

TheManager 6

Every kiss begins with expensive penis compensation.... Wait a minute....

adam_night 9

Thanks for making me wake up the house with my laughter

wow I don't even like jewelry. but even I think he was being kind of a cheap scape. might want to reconsider getting married to him. after all she's not willing to go the distance what makes you think he's going to go the distance after you're married. all in all OP you might want to reconsider

Oh lighten up, he sounds hilarious! Diamonds are such a rip-off anyway. If you knew the massive mark-up on diamond jewelry, you would be pretty shocked. :8

10: thats why I highly recommend private jewelers. Speaking from experience, retail stores hike the prices up almost 10 times the actual diamonds worth.

Your definition of 'going the distance' stinks.

OhDearBetrayal 25

I would say keep it classic and go with the 24 karat gold band. It's much nicer from my experience.

chlorinegreen 27

Most women like some kind of rock on their finger. They get the band at the ceremony.

OhDearBetrayal 25

47- You're right. For some reason I thought they were already engaged and they were looking at wedding rings. My bad.

Diagnosed seems like she only ares about how much money a man has. My boyfriend could propose with a ring made out of twine and I would say yes. You cannot replace love with money, sweetie.

mrperspire 4

So you place the value of the ring on the marriage. Love has no price tag.

I think it was inappropriate for him to say that. Just because he doesn't want to spend a lot on an engagement ring it doesn't mean that she should reconsider getting married to him. To me, getting a huge diamond isn't all that important.

Another quality comment brought to you by miss sqwert.. Could we expect any less with a name like that??

JJ_Rokk 10

That's neither an FML or a YDI... That's just a win.

GoodLookingGeese 10
klovemachine 24

Al Gore invented the Internet :-O

56 - Apparently God made the Internet.

60.. the church is that way ------------->