By deku - 22/06/2015 22:34 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I went to the ER for extremely heavy bleeding related to my IUD birth control. They decided the best thing to do was remove it. An exam, two ultrasounds, and three x-rays later, the doctor comes back to tell me what's going on. Yeah, they can't find it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 822
You deserved it 2 097

deku tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here! First, #14 you made me snort laughing!!! So more information, I know from an ultrasound done a few days before this that my body was trying to expell the iud. The on-call doc I talked to didn't like the amount I was suddenly bleeding and told me to go to the ER where they would most likely remove it. So yeah, I was pretty shocked when the ER doc said it wasn't there! They are certain that it's no longer in my body though and believe it came out during one of my bathroom visits the night before. And that actually makes sense to me because that's when the bleeding began and it's the only time I wouldn't have seen it. I'm doing a bit better, though I don't know what I'll do from here on out as I can't use hormonal birth control. ?

Top comments

Unfortunately it's possible to bleed it out of your system, and as you went to the hospital with heavy bleeding and it can't be found I would wager that is what happened. Hope you can get it replaced easily.

Comments

Same, we just use condoms. I don't like the idea of putting an IUD or synthetic hormones in my body.

The same thing happened to me, only I found out when my pregnancy test came back positive. The doctors eventually determined that it had probably come out during one of my horribly heavy periods with a tampon. This worked out well for me though, as my daughters are two years apart, and very close.

That's why I feel for my strings after almost every heavier period. Glad the unintentional pregnancy turned out to be a blessing ☺

You deserve that for being a ***** and going against your body's natural functions.

Ugh...I just got an IUD today and I feel like I'm dying

Combine them with a method like Billings or Sympto-thermal and you'll know the times when you don't even need to bother using a condom.

And i just got an IUD put in today. Awesome.

For me I just feel a lot more comfortable using BC and condoms

Some guys don't like condoms, and I'm sensitive to some (they leave an irritation for a couple days after sex). I'm on a DEPO shot, and it's a hormonal birth control, but I love it so much. I don't get periods, using no condom poses no risk of pregnancy and my acne isn't as bad. How is that "horrible"?

well shit I'm getting one of those next month. Lol now I have something else to worry about. Grrrrrr lol