By deku - 22/06/2015 22:34 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I went to the ER for extremely heavy bleeding related to my IUD birth control. They decided the best thing to do was remove it. An exam, two ultrasounds, and three x-rays later, the doctor comes back to tell me what's going on. Yeah, they can't find it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 822
You deserved it 2 097

deku tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here! First, #14 you made me snort laughing!!! So more information, I know from an ultrasound done a few days before this that my body was trying to expell the iud. The on-call doc I talked to didn't like the amount I was suddenly bleeding and told me to go to the ER where they would most likely remove it. So yeah, I was pretty shocked when the ER doc said it wasn't there! They are certain that it's no longer in my body though and believe it came out during one of my bathroom visits the night before. And that actually makes sense to me because that's when the bleeding began and it's the only time I wouldn't have seen it. I'm doing a bit better, though I don't know what I'll do from here on out as I can't use hormonal birth control. ?

Top comments

Unfortunately it's possible to bleed it out of your system, and as you went to the hospital with heavy bleeding and it can't be found I would wager that is what happened. Hope you can get it replaced easily.

Comments

ericapalooza 8

don't be upset. I'm pregnant right now even though I had an iud.

My friend got pregnant on the depo in the week she had to wait to get another shot. Doctors told her she'd be fine since the BC was already in her system. Nope. She was pregnant after that. So don't be too careless anything can happen.

#106, it always depends on how your body reacts to it. Be glad that it works for you, for now. I tried hormonal birth control twice, the first time a pill for nine month, the second time, years later, the nuva ring for a couple of months. Both times the hormones caused horrible psychological side effects for me: I got clinically depressed, had to get therapy and medication and it took about 2-3 years each time until I considered myself healed and stable again. So, yes, I do find hormonal birth control awful and would rather forgo sex for the rest of my life than take any of that crap ever again. Luckily I don't have to, because the IUD works for me and is, in my eyes, the most practical, healthy and carefree solution for me.

Natasha1991 5

hospital told me they couldn't remove mine I'd have to go see a gyno

Some people don't use birth control for contraceptive alone. I use it to help my mood swings and regulate my period.

Now I'm afraid to get an IUD like I was planning to.

that Shit always happens don't you watch tv those IUD's are dangerous as shit

That's okay I went to get mine put in. And I had lost my virginity a while before And had sex many times and then I hear the doc go well imma have to cut your hymen to get it to fit in.