By theyre not THAT big. - 01/07/2013 04:35 - United States - Auburn

Today, I went to get new shoes. I'm a pretty tall girl and I have proportional feet. I asked the cute guy who worked there for a size 9.5. He burst into laughter before putting on a shocked face and saying, "Oh wait... You're serious." Goodbye, self esteem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 582
You deserved it 3 201

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

What a dick. Shove one of your shoes straight up his ass...

9.5 isn't even a huge size, I know of women with size 11 feet. Honestly, no one notices your feet, don't worry about it!

Comments

That dude needs to have his head examined. 9.5 isn't that uncommon; even a place like where I live and the average woman is rather short compared to the national average. Personally, I'm roughly a 10.5 wide myself; although I rarely wear anything that isn't a beach sandal or flip flops out of preference (and a job where footwear isn't a huge deal). Easier to find in my size. Personally, I just shop from the men's shelves unless absolutely necessary.

9.5 isn't big at all! I'm 5'5" and wear 9.5-10 and I have several friends who wear the same. Don't worry OP, the guys just a jerk.

Same here. I'm 5'5" and wear a 10. It's not a big deal. Big feet run in my family and you know what? I can balance like no bodies business! :D

I'm 5'7" and I wear size 9-10 shoes. Whatever. I've never thought my feet were any bit bigger than anyone else's. don't even worry bout it.

perdix 29

Did he make foghorn noises as he sailed those boats into port?

I feel your pain, this used to happen to me al the time, so now I only shop online.

I knew a regular sized girl who used to brag about her shoe size 2. Size 2 or 12, they're just feet. You're better off for having feet that can actually support your weight and do what feet are meant for. Any guy who judges you for your shoe size needs to reevaluate his priorities.

Uhm... I'm 5'3 and I'm size 9. I never have an issue finding my size nor do I or anyone else comment on the size of my feet. Also, 9.5 is pretty average.

Lizardgirl 7

Your feet are beautiful, OP! Never let anyone bring you down! I was born with a club foot so not only are my feet two different sizes but after years of surgeries my foot is covered in hideous scars and I can't bend my toes because two have screws in them. I try not to let it bring me down though :) I'm just thankful that for the first time in eighteen years I can live without anymore pain or discomfort :) Love your feet! It's how you live with them and use them that truly matters :)

Report him! And I have size 9 feet which sucks because for some reason shops don't tend to stock them that size for women so sometimes I have to get guy shoes. But tbh 9.5 is really not that big and that man was ridiculous!! Seriously no one notices or cares about feet you don't need to feel self conscious and a guy won't notice whether they are small or large - they are probably smaller than the guy's feet.

I'm 5'8" and take a US size 10.5 shoe (which is a size 8 in the UK) and I've had a couple of people comment on how big my feet are, but because I'm fairly tall too no one has ever been overly shocked. Obviously this guy was just an asshole.