By touche :/ - 07/07/2013 21:27 - Canada - Hamilton

Today, I went to a big job interview. Eventually, the guy subtly enquired about my political beliefs. He seemed pretty laid-back and cool, so I told him, at which point he just chuckled and told me to leave. When I threatened to report him, he just said, "Who're they gonna believe, you or me?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 750
You deserved it 8 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Would you really want to work for someone who cannot accept other peoples beliefs anyway?

Complain anyway. That's just not ******* cool. If he did it to you, he'll have done it to other people.

Comments

That's bias...and it says right on the application they will hire anyone no matter what they believe...yes they won't believe you but having this post might give you the upper hand...

graceinsheepwear 33

You think writing an accounting of it and posting it on a website called **** My Life ifs going to confer any kind of upper hand? In what fantasy world is that?

olpally 32

Report him anyways and move on. He's just another prick manager.

Ins0mau 20

What's religion have to do with it? Reread?!

27 - politics can be pretty serious when it's issues such as gay marriage, abortion, etc. That kind of stuff can affect a lot of people's lives in a big way. I'd say it's justified to take it seriously

CallMeMcFeelii 13

I didn't know dinosaurs were so into politics.. Haha I'm just kidding, but on a serious note, that's exactly why you leave your political views outside of work. You may be pro-life while your boss is pro-choice, that'll screw up your work relationship and work environment if you have a especially having a heated debate over the subject. Some people can not handle different views than their own, and you don't want that to mess up your job.

That's why you go moderate, and dish some bullshit about how every party has it's pros and cons

perdix 29

Tell them what you truly believe, but for thirty pieces of silver, you'll tow the company line.

toxxickittyy 19

This is why I record any private conversations with 'bosses' on my phone. Solid proof.

I believe all politicians are self serving scum. I hate them all equally.

^ What a well thought out and relevant comment

This man clearly takes you for a fool, by law there are several things employers may not ask such as religions/political views, it's irrelevant.