By touche :/ - 07/07/2013 21:27 - Canada - Hamilton

Today, I went to a big job interview. Eventually, the guy subtly enquired about my political beliefs. He seemed pretty laid-back and cool, so I told him, at which point he just chuckled and told me to leave. When I threatened to report him, he just said, "Who're they gonna believe, you or me?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 750
You deserved it 8 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Would you really want to work for someone who cannot accept other peoples beliefs anyway?

Complain anyway. That's just not ******* cool. If he did it to you, he'll have done it to other people.

Comments

TheDrifter 23

For example, a number of energy companies ask about applicants views on certain political movements and politically charged projects by other companies, as those supporting certain movements have caused billions in damages to property and staged attacks causing loss of life and environmental damage. Also unionized companies will ask about views on topics that concern organized labor, as employees are forced to join and if there are too many that are unhappy with the political actions of the union they could force the union out.

i have a feeling there is more to the story than this

By law, he shouldn't have even asked about your personal beliefs.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Report him anyway to corporate at least it's on record. If he keeps doing that and people keep reporting a pattern will emerge. Or you can flood his inbox from an anonymous email account with oppositional propaganda to your hearts content.

No-one who would ask that in a job interview is cool and laid back. But what a prick anyway. Hope you find a job soon OP.

No matter how laid back he seemed, you shouldn't have answered the question. That has no place in a job interview.

Sorry, but YDI. One of the first things I learnt is to never treat or talk to a boss as another mortal "man". They're authoritarians who, during an interview, are looking for an excuse to burn you. Never give them one.