By touche :/ - 07/07/2013 21:27 - Canada - Hamilton

Today, I went to a big job interview. Eventually, the guy subtly enquired about my political beliefs. He seemed pretty laid-back and cool, so I told him, at which point he just chuckled and told me to leave. When I threatened to report him, he just said, "Who're they gonna believe, you or me?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 750
You deserved it 8 234

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Would you really want to work for someone who cannot accept other peoples beliefs anyway?

Complain anyway. That's just not ******* cool. If he did it to you, he'll have done it to other people.

Comments

Unless the job you were applying for is a political analyst, you should generally keep your political beliefs to yourself.

surfergirl72 7

Check to see if you live in a one person notification state meaning only one person being recorded in a conversation must legally be notified of its recording. That One person being YOU and give him a very pointed call.

TcheQ 12

Issue a complaint to the manager, with a cc to media regarding the discrimination you received from the 'big com-pany', Also the correct answer is "that's an inappropriate question to ask in an interview"

People like this make me paranoid. If I could afford a recording device, I would record every conversation I have each day, but like I said, paranoid.

doglover100 28

You don't want to work there anyways.

Report that son of a bitch anyway, his threat means absolutely nothing. He also had no business asking you your political beliefs to begin with.