By older - 10/06/2009 08:18 - United States

Today, I was walking downtown. I'm 57 years old, and I'm pretty well along in terms of hair loss. On top of that, I recently hurt my left leg and am walking with a crutch. I passed two teenagers, who were looking at me, and I overheard, "Yeah, I agree. I'm much more scared of aging than death." FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 897
You deserved it 2 803

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kill them, they're not scared of death anymore :')

Wow those kids are stupid. I can't say that I've never thought this inside my head before though. I hate getting older.

Comments

#9, you were a teenager once too. how about i generalize and say i hate all old people?

Teenagers are brats, I would've said "I may be old and balding but I'm not ugly and immature." I hate people like that, makes me want to punch them.

meandmoi_fml 0

From now on, take viagra 24/7 so you walk around with a raging boner

i dunno about everyone else.. but i find it strange that a 57 year old man is on this website and posting on it. i would assume adults have better things to do with their time. i seriously find it strange when anyone older than 40 posts on this website or any other websites that are teeming with teenagers and young adults.

You know, the elderly, although slow, and dangerous behind the wheel, can serve a purpose. Don't you go dying on me now.

Personally my interpretation of this was "I'd rather die than become old, my body growing disabled," assuming that the crutches were due to age and not injury, or simply referring to the fragility of the body as it grows older. And that doesn't sound unreasonable to me, especially right now, as I'm watching my father growing old enough that his formerly-strong body can't do most of what he took for granted for his whole life. Just the interpretation of myself and my arthritis of course. :-)

patray_angel 0

I certainly understand that those kids should not have made their comment loud enough for the OP to hear, but I know there have been times I have seen an older person and turned to a friend who was with me and made the comment that I wasn't looking forward to getting old. Do I want to grow older, sure, but how many of you look at someone who is older and having issues getting around and think "I can't wait to be just like them!"

banerkblue 0

YDI for being 57 and reading FML.

@#30 ~So what you're saying is that when you get older you have MUCH more responsibility and CANT always do what they want, but then you say that the older people you know have healthy social lives, play tennis and walk daily, etc. But the things that you described the older people you know to do seem like things that they would WANT to do and NOT be forced to do. CONTRADICTION!!!!! you just told us that when older you have next to no free-time. then you claimed that you know older people who do free-time sort of things like "plays tennis daily and walks a few miles everyday". EVERY DAY?!?!?! that sounds like a LOT of time doing what one wants...