By :| - 16/04/2011 02:04 - Canada

Today, I was sitting in the park eating a sandwich, when a homeless guy asked me for some spare change. I said I didn't have any. He offered an "erotic striptease" in exchange for my sandwich. I said no. He gave one anyway. I walked back to work on an empty stomach. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 630
You deserved it 6 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that guy really wanted your sandwich. should have gave it to him. or at least half.

Where's Boners to explain about the sandwich's special sauce that the homeless stripper provided? My mind isn't perverted enough to think of anything inappropriate enough here.

Comments

every time a homeless person bothers me, I get pissed. you have the power in this situation, okay? just walk away and keep saying "no." don't let them manipulate you.

Exactly. I know it's kind of biased in a way, but most of them spend the money on booze once you walk away. Where I'm at right now, I wouldn't be able to afford giving them a sandwich OR money, I'm so broke.

MarineWifey88 3

You should have just given it to him in the first place. You have a home and a job and you know when your next meal will be. This guy might not have eaten for days.

133 and 135 - Who says OP didn't give him the sandwich? What's with the assuming?

Next time just give the guy your sandwich.

You almost have a good point. Almost. I really don't think mental illness would come into it that much, though. I kinda figure it would go like this; someone would get fired from their job ('cause of the recession or whatever), leaving them with little to no money, they don't have family/friends to borrow from (maybe they only just moved to wherever they are?), and they end up with overdue payments for everything, including their house, with no way of getting the money. They look for other jobs, but nowhere is hiring/nowhere will hire them, they try to apply for one of those things where the government gives you money or food stamps, but they still don't have enough to pay their mortgage/rent and bills, and they get kicked out of their house, and forced to live on the streets. That's plausible, right? And not their fault...

MarineWifey88 3

I always try to give beggars some food at least. I won't give them money because they might spend it on drugs or booze. But not everyone deserved to be in that situation. I grew up with a single mom and 2 sisters. If not for my grandparents, we would have lost our house on several occasions.

thisdue1775 0

lol wow that sucks. interesting but still odd

IBeBlazin 0

You should have called the police on him for public indecency that way he has both a place to stay and a free meal while you get to keep your sammich! :)