It's Thursday!

By horriblefashionsense - 26/09/2013 15:20 - United States - Winter Garden

Today, I went in the diner I always pass by and ordered a sandwich. When I asked how much it was, the waitress replied, "Don't worry, honey. We give free meals to the homeless on Thursdays." I was too ashamed to deny it, so I just said thank you and left. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 602
You deserved it 6 268

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you got free food. I would gladly be insulted to get food.

150493x 29

I'd be too busy stuffing my face with the free food to be bothered about people thinking I was a homeless person.

Comments

CallMeMcFeelii 13

"I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen!" That dude is hilarious when he's all cracked out. But seriously, OP, you got free food. You didn't come straight out saying "I'm homeless, please feed me", she made an assumption and you ended up getting the better end of the deal. Maybe you have a new restaurant to go to on Thursdays! Free food for life(only onThursdays)!

At least you got free food. I would gladly be insulted to get food.

You son of a biscuit eating bulldog! *offers cookie*

Agreed number 2. You cant ever say no to food. Its to good.

jw90 18

They'd think I was too skinny and give me a free full course meal.

18 - Are you the OP who got grounded for swearing like a little girl?

Harshdfml 14

Free food! Look at the brighter side!

I feel slightly obligated to thumb up this comment since your picture is practically seducing me to do so...

Psycho_Babydoll 26
150493x 29

I'd be too busy stuffing my face with the free food to be bothered about people thinking I was a homeless person.

Too bad there's not a button for that, 7.

I need to find this button named "agreed" that you speak of

Rainhawk94 27

I would purposesly try to dress.like a.homeless person if it meant free food

5, anyone who replies to your comment gets thumbed down so I probably should avoid..... oh shit, too late... I'm ******..... let the thumbs down parade begin.

I'd be too ashamed to NOT deny it. It's a pity you took free food under the pretence of being homeless.

This is absolutely true. One less homeless person got a free sandwich; someone who needed it much more desperately.

It's not his fault they said that, if I was insulted of it I'd keep the free meal!

I can see why Op didn't want to say anything.

150493x 29

You have a point #6 but it must have been embarrassing. There's no harm done if it is just a one time thing. It would have been a different story if it was done on purpose.

#13 - I doubt they have a quota and cut off homeless person number 5. "Sorry! We only give out 4 sandwiches a day!" What this means is the store is out $1.50 in raw materials. I know store owners like this, they don't have a set number of sandwiches behind the counter for this. They just comp certain people.

stfu trying to make them feel bad about what happened. they already feel bad enough about being called homeless and the diner will still have food for the actual homeless people that come in sooo.. just stop

breaking_bad 7

Hey take free food whenever you can

Umm?!? Free food I dont see anything wrong with that OP... Unless it wasn't good xD

This makes me wonder what about you made you look homeless...

Soniye 14

If OP is "homeless" ... how is this post on fml ? Makes me wonder about the truth :o

Not all homeless people are devoid of technology. Libraries, Internet cafes, friends with an internet connection, etc.

bobak_can_ani 7

Check out his nickname, you'll know