By ambulancedriver - 12/09/2009 18:35 - Poland

Today, I was on the job as an ambulance driver, I got a call about a man who claimed he'd had a heart attack. When I got to the house, it turned out the man was fine. I did however manage to hit a dog on the way there in fear of the man dying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 401
You deserved it 5 472

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FMLable 0

Wow. What kind of awful person would fake that? FYL, but you probably couldve tried to avoid the dog. F[the dog's owber's]L.

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

I say FYL. And everyone saying YDI really needs to relax. I understand everyone loves animals. I do too. I would probably cry if I hit one. But where I come from, the first lesson they teach you in driving school is unless you can avoid hitting an animal without putting yourself or anyone else in danger, you have to run it over.

Comments

So the problem was that you ran over the dog? Was that really wrong? Animals are animals. It doesn't matter if you ran it over.

oh come on animals are alive as well. You don't think they feel pain? Of course it matters if you run them over. Its pretty damn sad. How would you feel if you were part of the family that owned that dog? Would you still not care? I don't think so, so stfu.

cucuto89 0

just a FYI to everybody, but Humans are a hell of a lot higher up on the chain of dominant species than dogs are. That's why people have dogs as pets and not the other way around. If you think that a dog's life is more valuable than a persons life, then you are extremely ignorant, and I hope some day you when you think your having a heart attack, the EMS stops to let some ducklings cross the road, or slows down because a cat is in the street.

fMYYYlife 0

Its funny how into it people are getting on the life span and importance of either human or dog. Point is he hit a dog while trying to save someones life! That sucks! FYL! No matter who is more important, human or dog, it sucks that the dog had to lose his life for something that shouldn't have happened.

Hey, at least you didn't do what my dad's second ambulance partner did. He did a fishtail u-turn and drove at 75 mph on the wrong side of the highway...during rush hour. They got to the patient ok, and the patient at least lived long enough to get to the hospital, so no harm done I guess. But sometimes speeding and *slightly* reckless driving are necessary. Like when a victim was shot and is bleeding out or might get shot again. And besides, there a traffic laws that require all non-emergency vehicles to get the hell out of the when when they hear sirens. Also, the dog was probably stupid and ran out into the street to bark at the sirens for infringing upon its territory. They really can be very stupid animals sometimes.

How does that even happen? You're an ambulance driver. You are trained to do what you do, and you do it daily. If you can't keep it together under the stress and fast pace, you are in the wrong profession!

the_stereotype 0

what are you even talking about? where does it even mention that? he can't be sad over having run over a dog?

Paramedicjelly 0

Speeding and reckless driving are never necessary! If someone is about to be shot again I WONT BE THERE!!! If there is someone with a gun the police are handling it, not me. And if he dies in my truck cause he is bleeding out then he dies in the truck. I will do everything in my power to save a persons life but NOT at the expense of my life. I dont know why everyone thinks ambulances drive balls to the wall blowing red lights and "doing u turns at 75 mph" is the way we are supposed to drive. Google how many ambulances crash every year and how many medics die each year from driving like that or assuming someone will stop for the ambulance, you will be shocked. And yes, people should move but cars are becoming more and more soundproof, people are ALWAYS on cell phones, and people blast stereos so loud i can hear them over my siren.

the_stereotype 0

why does that mean he was reckless driving? he ran over a dog. normal people do that driving at normal speeds. sometimes, it just happens. you know swerving away could actually put your life in danger?

Paramedicjelly, you really need to stop replying to this FML. Your facts are so warped, I'm just dumbfounded. With the literature and studies I've found, there were a mear 300 fatal crashes from 1991-2000. That's only 33 crashes a YEAR!! And in that period, there were only 27 on-duty EMS personnel who died.

wow...that guy is a huge ignorant bastard

i dont supose that you were the one who ran over those pigeons... if so, keep up the good work. HELP CONTROL THE PIDGEON POPULATION! HAVE YOUR PIDGEONS RUN OVER BY A MAC TRUCK! kthxbai