By ambulancedriver - 12/09/2009 18:35 - Poland

Today, I was on the job as an ambulance driver, I got a call about a man who claimed he'd had a heart attack. When I got to the house, it turned out the man was fine. I did however manage to hit a dog on the way there in fear of the man dying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 401
You deserved it 5 472

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FMLable 0

Wow. What kind of awful person would fake that? FYL, but you probably couldve tried to avoid the dog. F[the dog's owber's]L.

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

I say FYL. And everyone saying YDI really needs to relax. I understand everyone loves animals. I do too. I would probably cry if I hit one. But where I come from, the first lesson they teach you in driving school is unless you can avoid hitting an animal without putting yourself or anyone else in danger, you have to run it over.

Comments

**** the dog, at least you tried your best to save a human life...I am proud of you

# 88- you only have to be 18 years old to drive an ambulance as long as you have a license to drive a bus. an ambulance driver or EMT is what they're called. paramedics sit in the back with the patients and work on them on the way to the hospital. paramedics very rarely, if ever, drive the ambulance.

Umm, not true at all. I'm a paramedic and I drive almost every shift. And my EMT partner sometimes spends the entire day in the back if we get all BLS calls. If some has a sprained ankle, my EMT parter is in the back and I drive. If someone is having difficulty breathing (legitimate diff breathing), I ride in the back and the EMT will drive. Some volunteer services will have someone who is not medically trained at all drive the ambulance. And you don't need a license to drive a bus to drive an ambulance! Those are HUGELY different. I've gone through EVOC, and I believe it varies from state to state as to their regulations for someone to be able to drive an ambulance. So let's go through this: Ambulance Driver - someone who has NO medical certification that drives an ambulance. EMT - a basic life support provider who has an EMT license, and drives an ambulance. NOT called an ambulance driver. Paramedic - an advanced life support provider who has a paramedic license, and drives an ambulance. NOT called an ambulance driver.

soccerfreak009 0

or maybe he thought he was having a heartattack so he called 911. but your right, if he's not sure then he should just tough it out. you got paid anyways just deal.

annamg 0

It's the owners' fault for letting their dog roam free.

You did the right thing in rushing there, even if it did turn out to be a false alarm. There was no way of knowing it wasn't. Sad about the dog, but these things happen.

I would be devastated :'( !! U didn't do it intentionally.... right? Accidents happen :(

gothrockerkid 0

who cares about the dog? you were just doing your job. not much of an fml so just forget about it =)

well u should of went back for the dog

kellb11 0

I work on the ambulance too and I say screw the dog..especially when there's a possible cardiac.