By ambulancedriver - 12/09/2009 18:35 - Poland

Today, I was on the job as an ambulance driver, I got a call about a man who claimed he'd had a heart attack. When I got to the house, it turned out the man was fine. I did however manage to hit a dog on the way there in fear of the man dying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 401
You deserved it 5 472

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FMLable 0

Wow. What kind of awful person would fake that? FYL, but you probably couldve tried to avoid the dog. F[the dog's owber's]L.

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

I say FYL. And everyone saying YDI really needs to relax. I understand everyone loves animals. I do too. I would probably cry if I hit one. But where I come from, the first lesson they teach you in driving school is unless you can avoid hitting an animal without putting yourself or anyone else in danger, you have to run it over.

Comments

Horrible person, take a life to attempt to save one, really pathetic.

kurwa...sorrka dla ciebie man......ale to nie twoja wina,hey, prubowałeś

i'm sure he wasn't faking it...either he was having a severe anxiety attack or just angina pectoralis which simulates a heart attack but has certain differences in characteristics (duration, ECG, ect)

Or it could've been a lot of other things. And if the crew didn't follow up with the patient after he got to the hospital, he absolutely still could've been having a heart attack.

the_stereotype 0

maybe it was just a false alarm. like, he thought he was having a heart attack, but wasn't. i hear things like that happen a lot

Fake on so many levels. nobody who drives an ambulance calls themselves an ambulance driver (paramedic, EMS etc), and anyone who thinks they have had a heart attack is never fine and need to be seen by a doctor anyway. I've seen a man die who thought he heart a heart attack, his family almost had him to the hospital but they turned around when he said he was fine and then has his heart stop 1/2 hour later.

#78 and #83 - I thought the same thing at first, about him calling himself an ambulance driver. I was going to rip him open right there for that one. But reading on, it really does sound like he has no medical certification whatsoever, and might really be just an ambulance driver. I know I get irritated when I get called an ambulance driver, as do all of my coworkers and people from my volly service, but I think that really might be this suys title.

I'm pretty sure everyone here has completely missed the fact that the dog should have been on a leash.

rihanahawk 0

Ok, I work in EMS and I don't know of one person that calls themselves an "ambulance driver" because we are able to do much more than just drive people to the hospital. Also any given chest pain call is nothing to get worked up over. They are at least half of the calls that we run and most of the time the people are fine. It could be so many other things that are not cardiac related. We are allowed to give EKG's in the field and can pretty confidently rule out cardiac issues. Sadly many people call EMS out because they like the attention or because they are lonely. A lot of them come from people in nursing homes that just want to spend the night away from that place or because they are trying to get back at the nursing staff. I will say though, that anytime I get called out for chest pain, unless it comes out as a code, I'm not too concerned for the people dying. Very few cases are legitimate, and even if they are, it is your job, if you get worked up over every bad call you are going to be a basket case. Get it together, its not your emergency, and you need to realize that if you are going to make it in this career.

Call hatzala next time . For all u ppl hu don't know what that is - FYL- they're the Jewish ambulance service and THEY KICK ASS response time is usually under a minute cuz they have so many volunteers!

Real paramedics don't call themselves ambulance drivers. Fake.