By britchick95 - 10/10/2012 20:03 - United States - Grand Island

Today, I was loudly bitched out by someone for speaking in a fake British accent, to make myself "sound sophisticated". I moved here two years ago from London. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 758
You deserved it 2 210

britchick95 tells us more.

Can't say I've ever been to Ohio.

Top comments

Wow... If i was you I would have bitched right back at her in my "fake" accent.

You should sling some good British jargon at the bloody rube. That would make him feel like the dumbass he clearly is.

Comments

asfan2081 2

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I apologize for the ignorance and jealousy of some American-born citizens, of course you've probably learned from experience living here for two years that not all of us are dumb bastards. I think we can all agree that life would be so much better if all the smart Brits and all the smart Americans would just ignore all the stupid people.

PleaseStayChill 9

Well we could establish a community where you have to prove yourself worthy to enter and live in it. You get 3 strikes: Do 3 idiotic things, you GTFO and we'll replace you with someone smarter and better-looking.

73- macing somebody because they verbally abused you? How did you ever make it through middle school?

Haha! Afraid I didn't have any on me at the time.

A wild OP appears! Just curious, is this person still walking around thinking, "Well I sure showed her!" or did you manage to tell her that your accent isn't fake?

OhDearBetrayal 25

79- Must be a US cop. Why else would they suggest overuse of force?

128- are you serious? US police dont dare abuse their power or else people get all sue-happy.

RedPillSucks 31

Tell that to Rodney King and Amadou Diallo. If it weren't for someone with a camera, King would just be another dead negro, and Diallo was shot 42 times because he reached for his wallet, thinking he was being mugged by undercover cops who never identified themselves.

528Alice491 3

But then Kim Kardashian would be poor! :((

79- idk about you but if a complete stranger violently confronted me, i'd want to protect myself incase anything happened.

Wow... If i was you I would have bitched right back at her in my "fake" accent.

Nah, over here we prefer to headbutt. Nut 'im!!!

Yes... The "ambassador" OP mentions will probably do nothing but good for the US image... Keep in mind OP every country has their idiots.

I have er Norsk accent. When in Amerika I get made fun of. It makes me sometimes sad :(

You should sling some good British jargon at the bloody rube. That would make him feel like the dumbass he clearly is.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Psych101 9

92- Please explain to me how that is sexist. Did 3 assume something? Yes. Is it important or sexist? No.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Good point, but if the person was originally stupid enough to think it's a fake accent than they will think the OP is just making shit up if she said the phrases

Or OP could have simply spelled 2 or 3 words to convince the person. Favour, colour, and mum would convince most.

156. Nah that wouldn't work. Lots of Americans pick up and use British spellings naturally. I know I do and some of my friends and teachers do.

kristabelli 19

95 - It's sexist because the "random person" who "bitched out" OP could easily have been a female. And it's ****** up that you didn't even SEE that. DocBastard did not intend to be sexist I'm sure. Nor did you. But sexism goes both ways. (Duh.)

While I agree, sexism wasn't intended, it is slightly sexist, as you're assuming it's a male, when OP never specified. Just saying, not trying to be offensive.

I do believe the term is "bloody wanker" my good dear sir.

If you're wanking hard enough to bleed, you might wanna try getting a girlfriend

21 - I don't need a girlfriend when my relationship with my right hand is so strong. I'll have you know we've shared a lot of memories with each other.

48 - Your left hand probably feels left out. Ask about a three way.

Are we getting into another hand discussion? XD

59 - My left hand has always been jealous of the bond me and my right hand share. I just can't deal with someone who won't accept and understand my feelings.

v.v I've cheated on my hand with my girlfriend v.v he has yet to forgive me ;~;

I automatically read everything in a British accent

I read everything in an old man voice. But that is neither here nor there..

What a bloody hobknocker! I'd diddle that wanker until he bloody well shat out the queen's Jewels

I say, that made no sense, whatsoever, dear chap.

AliceChess 8

21 - I don't think a girlfriend would help with that.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Because when you're sophisticatedly British, violence is the answer -grabs my glove-

130) Welcome back Squeak. Where've you been. ((I apologize for the irrelevancy))

^From your friendly Ebonics language lesson teacher. "Hello, sir. I admire your fashionable running shoes." Translation: "Drop them Nikes off your ass before I blast you, motha fucka!" Huh?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

No worries OP. He's just unsophisticated and jealous himself.

Gosh, people are rude, is it that hard to go up to the person and be polite about the situation.

You should've yelled back in your "fake" British accent!

brohamas16 7

On the brightside, we have supermarkets with twenty different brands of maple syrup! :)

P1P_BOY 6

42 - no im pretty sure it's just syrup(sugar) not the legitimate maple syrup that comes from a tree..... last time i checked 85% of syrups in stores are just sugar and the other 15% being from a maple tree.

42- And not one of those damn brands is Ego. Ugh! I can never find it!

Lurrnd urrv dur fray Hurm urrv dur brayve

69) That gave me cancer. I hope you're happy.

69) No one should have to go through the trouble of attempting to comprehend that. If your going to comment, please do make it completely understandable.