By britchick95 - 10/10/2012 20:03 - United States - Grand Island

Today, I was loudly bitched out by someone for speaking in a fake British accent, to make myself "sound sophisticated". I moved here two years ago from London. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 758
You deserved it 2 210

britchick95 tells us more.

Can't say I've ever been to Ohio.

Top comments

Wow... If i was you I would have bitched right back at her in my "fake" accent.

You should sling some good British jargon at the bloody rube. That would make him feel like the dumbass he clearly is.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I don't see why an American would be angry about that for no reason, so it seems conceivable to me that this person was a Brit, or someone with an accent themselves if they took such offense to what sounded to them to be a fake one :P I could be wrong though, there are idiots from everywhere :o

#13: Nice generalization. Last week I slapped someone for suggesting the Earth was round. Can you believe that guy; I mean, EVERYONE knows the Earth is flat. Then, some woman decided to tell me off for daring to contradict her on pregnancy, because apparently there is no magical stork that delivers a baby. The nerve of that woman... Now, OP says that there is such a thing as an accent. Dunno what that is. Sounds expensive.

#13 You and I know completely, two different types of Americans in that case.

26- Isn't it sad that you're trying to come up with ridiculous things and yet there are still people who believe them? :(

brohamas16 7

A random person! Omg people should mind their own business

MarisaCB 16
KooLDooD121 0

Definitely shows how ignorant Americans can be.

Stop judging all of "americans" because of a few. This really bothers me, I might not be american myself but I dislike it when people meet a rude or dumb person and they categorize everyone else the same.

I do recall getting cussed out by a few Scots some years ago over my evidently-"Yank" accent. I'm American. We are not the only morons in the world. Although, in their defense, they were quite drunk.

Oh oh! 29!! I'm going to categorise! If you were in Scotland, good luck finding a sober one! :P

To be fair the scots use "cussing out" as compliments quite often. What with "haw! Bawbag!" translating as "well hello dear friend!"

I never said all Americans I just said it shows they can be. They aren't exactly popular around the world for their generosity and kindness.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

#83- Wow, please stop generalizing. There are douchebags in every country. You would do well to stop while you're ahead.

I agree with 83 Americans didn't get that rep for no reason.

#89- actually, in the case of the majority of the population, they did. People outside of America tend to judge it on two things; its politicians, and characters we see on television, neither of which is an accurate representation of the entire populace.

Hahaha! What an idiot! So many stupid people in today's society.. It's sad.

Don't worry the same thing happens to me!

He was just jealous...British accents are awesome. I mean, just look at Simon. Even his insults sound awesome

Oh god really? I hate my British accent, I love American accents! :)

82, an American accent is obviously made in China

WeAreRisen 6

82 - It's the same over in the UK, accents vary by region. A friend of mine from Sheffield sounds completely different from one in Geordie.

Very true 82, but most accents I've heard I love :D just the hardcore Texas one I kinda have a bit of a problem with :/

zakkcarter 7