By Syferix - 18/03/2009 22:42 - United States

Today, I was leaving to go over to a friend's and my parents suddenly ask if I'm gay. I reply that no, I'm bisexual. My mom then asks if I've ever made out with someone of the same sex and I say yes. She turns to my dad and says 'I told you so. You owe me $20'. My parents bet on my sexuality. FML
I agree, your life sucks 110 645
You deserved it 27 056

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fail_truck 0

Your parents are awesome. Lol.

#5 why is that terrible? His/her/whatever parents have a healthy view of sexuality (i.e., that it's completely trivial). I'm with 4 and 6. Would you rather their parents shun them for being gay/bi? Honestly, this is something my parents would do, and I would laugh along with them, because it's hilarious.

Comments

squeaky_fml 0

you are lucky to have such cool parents.

CowGoesMoo 0

Sorry, I don't think this is so bad. I mean, you ARE bi. They just wanted to make sure. And the betting thing, well, I mean, you hear about parents that beat/disown their gay children. I think you got off lightly. They don't really seem to mind at all.

Ok if their parents were joking yea then cool their parents are ok with it. But if they werent joking, woohoo! They accept them but still its harsh.

hahaha this doesn't help us relate to this story if we dont know if you're a guy or girl haha

cryssycakesx3 22

^161 ditto for you there too, sir.

how would it even matter. if you're gay you're gay... i think it's more related on both counts bc it doesn't actually say. if it was a boy, girls wouldn't relate and visa versa.

So? Sounds like they were really cool about it.

MsSippi 0

That's kind of awesome actually...

hahhahaha if it makes you feel better..my parents ask if i'm gay quite frequently. but as it turns out, i have a boyfriend. we've been dating for almost 6 months. lolllll.

I agree with #4. I'm sure that there have been a lot of worse coming out experiences. I just wonder though, since you didn't seem to have any trouble admitting to them right away that you were bi, why hadn't you already had this discussion with them before? Then they wouldn't have had to make bets about your sexuality and this FML wouldn't even exist.

If her sexuality isn't a big deal why mention it if it's never been questioned?

Your parents rock, this could have easily been a waaaay worse FML.