By Anonymous - 16/07/2013 00:10 - United States - Charlotte

Today, my 11-year-old daughter heard the quote, "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be." She decided to test this out by letting our new puppy out of the front door. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 820
You deserved it 4 887

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't remember being that thick headed when I was 11...

Comments

I don't remember being that thick headed when I was 11...

She must have possibly read this from twilight :

cottoncandymango 17

You're daughter clearly didn't know any better... I love that quote, too. Sad how she's nearly too dumb of an 11 year old to understand it.

fishstick557 14

25 you're older than an 11 year old and can't tell the difference between you're and your?

threer 30

I agree, but you forgot a comma and two sets of quotes.

Punctuation and spelling are two different issues. Besides, the comma isn't strictly necessary. It's quotation marks, not quotes. "Quotes" is a verb, not a noun as you chose to use it. As for the argument about "you're" and "your", enough people have pointed it out by now that people should understand the intent. Basically, spell correctly or be shot down by the FML community. If anyone wants to comment on me placing my comma after the quotation mark in the last paragraph you should keep in mind that I'm not American and write proper Queen's English. Enough ranting from me for one night.

1, you may have been smarter, but not all kids are the same, maybe OPs daughter has some learning disabilities.

CookieLovesBoo 16

I thought this was a fml not a punctuation class . -.-

mmizbbz210 13

Once again, we're having another rant about simple mistakes. *Waits for s13495 to makehis comment toward grammar nazis* @_@

#62 Don't be so ignorant. I don't like him either but I'm not going to think so low of her just because we don't share the same opinion. People like you disgust me...

Wow 66, you're just a real sweetheart, aren't you?

66: Actually She DID, in fact, mean ignorant, as in lacking knowledge. Not arrogant as in proud or boastful.

"I can't believe how many idiots mess that up". Lol, how ironic.

I'm pretty sure I meant ignorant not aggorant...

Hey, I'm American and I place the comma after the closing quotation mark also.

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

I was...*hangs head in shame*

that was sorta dumb for 11. i would picture more like a 7 year old doing it

I hope you find the new puppy, they tend to get lost following their noses fast :/ Maybe a kitten may have been wiser to let out... But even then.. Best of luck OP!

I feel like tweens are just getting more and more stupid these days

Aw, well I hope it comes back to you. It'd be really sad to lose it :L

Did she also decide to let her grades go too? I hope this was just an atypical brain fart moment. Hope your puppy's micro-chipped?!

GwennaRose 22

Nah, don't even worry about microchips, this is a case for Ace Ventura, Pet Detective!

sillyrosster 11

She'll learn from her mistakes haha

I have a feeling that it was never meant to be.