By WTF - 27/09/2015 07:57 - Poland - Wroclaw

Today, I was driving to work and stopped at a stop light. A full 2 or 3 seconds passed, followed by a car rear-ending me. The idiot driving it got out and gave me hell, calling me a maniac because I braked "too quickly" and didn't give him a chance to react. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 683
You deserved it 1 552

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He should've been responsive ... 3 second gaps are more than enough

Comments

Well of course it was your fault. They would never make a mistake.

In cases of accidents it's always the person behind that's at fault because they're supposed to leave enough room in front that they have time to brake even if the person in front of them slams on their brakes. That's why a cop will always give a ticket to the person driving the second vehicle no matter what the excuse.

You can never win with car wrecks...hope the street cam caught it...then there is nothing on you if he tries to get something out of you

Dont file anything medically yet. It takes a day or so for the adrenalin to stop pumping. It took me almost 24 hours from my accident. And it was a very minor one (the one where I got bumped behind). If they tell you you have whiplash DO NOT PUT ON A NECKBRACE!!! I had an idiot doctor who told me that and it made it so much worse.

Guy was probably daydreaming and then when he noticed you stopped he tried to brake but was obviously too late for that.

Didn't they teach him the 3 second rule in Drivers' Ed.?

I guess you could said he hit a pole. :)

I don't know about Poland, but in the US, if you rear-end someone, you are generally considered automatically to be at fault, because you are the one who could best have avoided the accident (by not following so close, or by paying proper attention, for example). So the fine details really should not matter.

Defensive driving 101. If someone rear ends you, it's always their fault.