By Me - 27/09/2015 09:53 - Australia

Today, I tried taking a shortcut through a nature trail, hoping to save myself some time getting back to my car. I ended up getting lost for nearly 3 hours and getting to work nearly 2 hours late. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 162
You deserved it 12 404

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Try exploring "shortcuts" when you're not pressed for time. YDI.

Don't most people have smartphones nowadays? They're great GPS's.

Comments

Try exploring "shortcuts" when you're not pressed for time. YDI.

friedpwnadge 25

But op was one hour in fron t of schedule.

You might want to consider number 1's advice then, before this happens to you too.

ChadHelton 8

GPS can tell me what room I'm in at my house, it can't tell you "turn left at the rock" but it can tell you where you are on a map.. What idiots are down voting this?

FieldLeftBlank 20

He's lucky he didn't get eaten by something on the way, since it all happened in Australia.

Don't most people have smartphones nowadays? They're great GPS's.

Perhaps OP had no signal? You never know, most wireless company's have pretty spotty coverage in some areas.

He got lost trying to find his car u can't use gps for a car

RedPillSucks 31

you can if you know what street the car was parked on, but if you're using something like Google maps and the trails not on it, you're screwed

Yes but surely he knew where he had parked his car, therefore assuming that OP 1. has a smart phone and 2. had a usable GPS signal and phone signal then he could have used this to navigate to where he left his car.

You can certainly use a GPS for finding your car. You use a program like location log to mark down the latitude and longitude of where you are parked, where your deer stand is, etc. I have used that method for marking the location of our vehicle when partying, checking out street fairs, and other events. Modern civilian GPS is accurate within feet, if not inches. Certainly accurate enough for finding a vehicle if you arent blind. #21: what you are referring to is aGPS which uses cell towers for triangulation. "traditional" GPS uses satellites which are up in orbit. Depending on your receiver, you dont even need a clear view on sky for it to work. Some of you need to look into how people traveled before cities had nicely marked roads. Maybe try camping once or twice.

akkitty 2

For those of you that don't know, this is a literary reference to a Stephen King novel

ChadHelton 8

also, did you *Hear* Tom Gordon?

wordygirl 11

Me too, I get lost at the doctors office. "The exit is that way ma'am". Next time you will think twice about supposed 'shortcuts'.