By habassistant - 02/01/2013 15:49 - United States - North Olmsted

Today, I was cleaning one of my disabled clients because he pooped himself, so I started to undress him for a shower. I took his dirty diaper off and set it on his bed, then I bent over to take off his socks at which point he put the diaper on my head like a hat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 028
You deserved it 5 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're a shit head for not throwing the diaper away in the trash right away.

I thought he was gonna put something else on you when you said you bent over...

Comments

One of the best first comments I've read, actually made me chuckle

Noooooooooooooooo. Oh no. what did you do? I would scream so loud and ran away far, well as far as the nearest shower or sink. Ewwwww ewwwwwwww

I voted both because him doing that was out of your control..but if he was disabled and can't think clearly, you should have thrown out the diaper

For you, yesyes! Absolutely!! For the disable patient, no way! You are an inconsiderate imbecile! Get your dictionary out!

Now, why would you do a fool thing like that? Disabled people can't help what they do but, you can! I bet you'll find a trash can next time! Lesson learned, I hope!!

Good answer, Nirah! OP deserves it for being stupid & inconsiderate! I thought this was going to end with the patient crapping on OP or the floor but, I like the diaper on the head more!!

Nonono! This is something a lot of people working with senile elderly have to learn: don't let them near poop! A lot of them have this weird thing where they do all kind of shit (no pun intended) with it, like, for example, rolling it into balls and throwing it at people...

The folks at my facility love it too...have absolutely no idea why that is. I think CNAs/PCTs deserve more pay just for dealing with that issue day in and day out!

FYL because that sucks, but I commend you for doing a job that most people would consider beneath them. :]

AmandaLikNoOther 6

As a nursing assistant I know that the first thin you do is not put the diaper on the bed but in a black trash bag. You also do not call the pins a diaper. The resident feels degraded when doing so, and they take it out on you. Sorry you deserved it.

Agreed! And yeah, the ban of the word "diaper" was actually one of the first things we were taught in nursing school; "they're called 'briefs', not a diaper". I think part of it was because of a lawsuit in my county where a care home got sued because of the vernacular used there. Using the word "diaper" was equivalent to battery, according to that suit. The family did win. We'd get written up if we got caught saying it, as students, because of the connotations it holds.

Us too! Diapers are briefs, bibs are clothing protectors, etc. These people are often extremely embarrassed about their inability to care for themselves...I think the least we can do is help them retain their dignity and not be treated like children.

I guess that's nation wide because its like that at my moms work place. Briefs and clothing protectors.