By habassistant - 02/01/2013 15:49 - United States - North Olmsted

Today, I was cleaning one of my disabled clients because he pooped himself, so I started to undress him for a shower. I took his dirty diaper off and set it on his bed, then I bent over to take off his socks at which point he put the diaper on my head like a hat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 028
You deserved it 5 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're a shit head for not throwing the diaper away in the trash right away.

I thought he was gonna put something else on you when you said you bent over...

Comments

People saying OP should lose his/her job need to shut up. I'd like to see THEM walk out of a situation like that with a smile on their face. That is beyond disgusting. OP sounds like a saint for putting up with that; I'd never be able to. Still, the question remains, why not throw the diaper directly into the trash rather than on the bed (that might have been clean and made, or, if it wasn't, would then have to be)?

I have a CNA certification, so I feel your pain OP. Luckily, I've never had a patient/resident do that to me, knock on wood, but still, I can imagine what that was like lol. FYL!

My dad is in a facility that sounds like the one you work at. Just know you are appreciated for your patience and understanding. I know you put up with a lot of shit. And in this case...literally.

Having worked with old people, I give you praise for your job. It's difficult. And what happened to you??? I don't think I'd have a job anymore if it was me! Bless you for what you do everyday!

ardencred 7

Then OP went home to clean his baby who pooped his pants and when OP bent over to take baby's socks off he put diaper on OPs head as a hat

nishantvas 13

wow that's just gross !! and I was thinking disabled meant physically...

28, that would be illegal for the nurse/caretaker to take a shower. Instead, OP should be commended for helping the really sick people that others would never even think of doing.

Did anyone else wonder why she didn't take his socks off first? Because bending down to take his socks off would place her head near the region where the diaper would have been. Regardless if he was sitting or standing. I just think it would have been safer to remove the diaper last!