Gross out

By lawdwhy - 12/11/2017 22:09

Today, my sense of smell is severely impaired by a bad cold. As a result, I inadvertently ate some highly questionable dairy. I figured this out after my roommate sniffed my yogurt and gagged, just before my bowels had their opportunity to object to my meal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 060
You deserved it 490

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TeachAllTheMath 19

At least you won’t be able to smell what’s about to come exploding out.

So there wasn't an expiration date on the yogurt bottle?!

Comments

So there wasn't an expiration date on the yogurt bottle?!

Most yogurt has a "Use By Date" on it which is not exactly the same as an expiration date. I have eaten some yogurt after its "Use By Date" but that's only about one or two weeks later at the latest. You can also totally eat yogurt past its expiration date--but probably only at one or two weeks tops. In OP's case, there could have been other signs besides a bad smell that her yogurt went bad such as discoloration or excess liquid.

TheEpicKitten 20

Even without a sense of smell and an impaired sense of taste; you should have known something was off

TeachAllTheMath 19

At least you won’t be able to smell what’s about to come exploding out.

I've never had a cold so bad that I wouldn't recognize bad dairy.

You’re actually supposed to stay away from dairy with a cold, it can lead to making it worse. That sucks though, OP.

All foods have expiration dates on them. You should have checked that. In fact, you should always check that - never rely only on your sense of smell.

I've had really bad colds and I would still be able to tell if food was bad.

oh come on. you couldn't taste that it was bad? ydi