By cheaphubbyswife - 04/04/2009 09:19 - Canada

Today, I took my son for a walk to tell him about the passing of our family dog. As we were walking by the river, Ozzy (our deceased dog) was laying on the riverbank. My son thought he just ran away and we found him. Turns out my husband was too cheap to pay the 100$ vet disposal fees. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 751
You deserved it 5 998

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TryToBeKind 0

1st - I feel terrible for your son! 2nd - I feel terrible for YOU for having to be tehre when he witnessed this. 3rd - I'd make your HUSBAND explain to your son exacty why he was too selfish to cover the costs of the basics adn why he didn't care about your son enough to do things right. Seriously. He disgusts me.

marykateex3 0

...your husband didn't want to pay to fees AND he didn't even bother burying him? That's ridiculous. I agree with #3 - make HIM explain.

Comments

usernamegoeshere 0

ur husband's a douche... im a teenager and im almost completely broke but even i would pay $100 for a stranger's animal just to prevent the suffering... jeez that actually pisses me off... and #8 ur stupid! $100 dollars is actually a pretty good deal

"Today, our dog died. Mommy decided that I can replace the dog and took me out for a walk. FML" -Son

to #34 and #42, as with people, animals die of all sorts of reasons...you can't jump the gun and assume that the owners didn't take care of their dog, and therefore caused his death. Hell, the fact that they took it to the vet when it got sick probably says more than anything. if their son thought it ran away, their dog may have been getting treated for a while.

If that happened to me...I would freak on the husband. If he was going to do that, He could have AT LEAST buried the dog. Instead of living him by the side of a river like some piece of trash. And it's really jacked up that he lied to you about it. I mean...what else is he gonna lie about?

alwaysalady 0

I see therapy in your son's future.

Quinnjamin 0

100$ is a rip off, but he should have told you regardless.

To everyone out there, just because they didn't pay the vet fee to have the dog disposed of doesn't mean they are bad pet owners. Anything could have happened to the animal and without the full story we have no right to judge. I'm sure that you loved your dog, and that your son loved it as well. I'm sorry you lost it. If your husband doesn't want to pay the vet fee, I would bury the dog - assuming you live in the appropriate location - and create a nice headstone so you can always visit. That's what we did with our dog when she died. And don't worry about your son, he'll be fine as long as you don't overreact.

agree with #71. How ******* heartless is your husband? I'd have flipped a shit if I were you. You should make him buy the cremation service and the box for the dog's ashes with the engraved name and everything now, to make up for this. And make sure you punch him in the face, too, he deserves it. For ****'s sake, it was a family dog, he should at least have the decency to bury it.

Uh, your husband is a dick. And so are you #40. And #19, YOU are the one who should be put in a garbage bag and left for the garbage men to take care of.