By cheaphubbyswife - 04/04/2009 09:19 - Canada

Today, I took my son for a walk to tell him about the passing of our family dog. As we were walking by the river, Ozzy (our deceased dog) was laying on the riverbank. My son thought he just ran away and we found him. Turns out my husband was too cheap to pay the 100$ vet disposal fees. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 751
You deserved it 5 998

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TryToBeKind 0

1st - I feel terrible for your son! 2nd - I feel terrible for YOU for having to be tehre when he witnessed this. 3rd - I'd make your HUSBAND explain to your son exacty why he was too selfish to cover the costs of the basics adn why he didn't care about your son enough to do things right. Seriously. He disgusts me.

marykateex3 0

...your husband didn't want to pay to fees AND he didn't even bother burying him? That's ridiculous. I agree with #3 - make HIM explain.

Comments

if he's that uncaring about something that obviously means a lot to his own son then i'm sure there's more to him that you might not like as well.

Why_Me77 0

Man... I thought dogs were family too. Wonder what your husband's gonna do when his mother dies.. >.> Let's hope he's not too cheap for that too now ._.

$100 might be a little expensive for some families, but I'm sure there's something else the husband could have done. Throwing the dog into the river or leaving him on the riverbank is asking for trouble. I'm sure the husband never imagined this scenario happening, but still. If I were you, I'd be seriously questioning your husband right about now. I would not take something like this lightly. #55, even if it IS illegal, there are tons of people who still do it. If my pet died and I didn't have the money for a vet disposal fee, I would sure as hell bury it in the back yard. I can't imagine that the police regularly hang out in the OP's back yard enough that the husband couldn't even find ten minutes to dig a hole, place the dog inside, and then cover it up.

#14 and #17, I feel very sorry for your pitiful lives. If either if you ever get married, it won't be a week before the divorce if you divorce for such small things as this. No wonder the divorce rates are so high. Everybody divorces rashly at the tiniest things because they can't be bothered to just work things out. If you end a marriage over crap like this, you've got so many issues you should just avoid getting married altogether. F your lives.

Jus the fact that as you took your son out for a walk and coming across your deceased dog near the river bank= priceless But the effort that your husband will be explaining why he did what he did= pretty heartless. Lolx hope it all works out. Hmmm Way to get rid of a dead body.

zebendyone 0

What a douche!! I'd be SO pissed at your husband. Not only is that traumatic for your son, but really it'd be at the VERY least completely disgusting to anyone that could walk by. Geez.

blland 0

the classic FML solution is to dump him, eat the kids, and burn the dog. in any order.

@Divorcers, 61, et. al. - if an incident like this is all it takes to divorce someone/give your father the silent treatment for years/etc., you all need to get a freaking clue and maybe take off your rose-tinted glasses and set down your silver spoon for a bit.

Um...wow. Usually, vets can be talked into a payment plan if the fees are legitimately too expensive. What's worst to me, here, even more than the treatment of the dog, is that her husband obviously told her he was going to properly take care of the body and did not do so. It makes you wonder: what else is he too cheap to do? What else is he willing to lie about?