By yolonono - 04/12/2014 18:30 - United States - San Francisco

Today, while I was on a field trip with my son, my husband decided to get rid of our dog without asking anyone. Now I get to pick up the pieces of a broken heart, and he thinks he did nothing wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 881
You deserved it 3 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that's really messed up. Hopefully your kid will get past it and you need to have a talk with your husband..

cmchappy 25

Your husband sounds like a prick

Comments

Wow, that's really messed up. Hopefully your kid will get past it and you need to have a talk with your husband..

I'd go find that dog and bring him home then kick the husband out for a night or two. What a douchebag.

He needs to be kicked out of their lives forever.

My family did that to me before, I still carry around my dog's collar as a keychain.

What could his reasoning possibly be? he could have at least talked about it first.

I hate to jump there based on being FML, but getting rid of pets or hurting them are classic abuse moves, designed to hurt people. The husband doesn't sound like a nice person to me.

#94: True story. We don't have enough info about him to definitively say he's controlling and abusive (rather than just an insensitive jerk), but I'd be very interested to know if he "allows" to have friends or leave the house without him.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Honestly, I would say that getting rid of a member of the family with no prior consultation to at least his wife DOES make him abusive (though obviously not physically; perhaps emotionally). That's not something a normal person would do; it shows he has no regard for their feelings and doesn't care what they think, he'll just do what he wants anyway.

That's messed up :/ but I'm sure he had a reason talk it out

BecauseIAmBatman_fml 22

He should have 'talked it out' with the family before doing anything.

cmchappy 25

Your husband sounds like a prick

I feel bad for the son. I'd be devastated if I lost my dog.

Dogs are family. I would be heartbroken and devastated if something happened to my dog.

jthmtwin 16

It's like trying to get rid of another (very furry) kid. And pets mean a lot to younger kids growing up, a best friend who never disagrees or hates you.

After a stunt like that, your husband should be sleeping in the dog house tonight.

Time to hang up the "lost dog" posters, sorry op

screw that just get five new dogs and hang a husband for sale poster

I would say what you mean by got rid of effects how you should react, but completely FYL and F your sons life

"You'd better be close behind if you wanna live to see Christmas." - OP