By cheaphubbyswife - 04/04/2009 09:19 - Canada

Today, I took my son for a walk to tell him about the passing of our family dog. As we were walking by the river, Ozzy (our deceased dog) was laying on the riverbank. My son thought he just ran away and we found him. Turns out my husband was too cheap to pay the 100$ vet disposal fees. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 751
You deserved it 5 998

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TryToBeKind 0

1st - I feel terrible for your son! 2nd - I feel terrible for YOU for having to be tehre when he witnessed this. 3rd - I'd make your HUSBAND explain to your son exacty why he was too selfish to cover the costs of the basics adn why he didn't care about your son enough to do things right. Seriously. He disgusts me.

marykateex3 0

...your husband didn't want to pay to fees AND he didn't even bother burying him? That's ridiculous. I agree with #3 - make HIM explain.

Comments

Goldfinch86 0

As a pet owner I find this so disrespectful. You can't take care of your pets in life or death you shouldn't have them. You are a terrible pet owner and i doubt your parenting skills if the simple task of taking care of a dead pet is too taxing.

Hey, 32, that's pretty cool. Now explain to us in all caps why we're wrong about calling him a douche for not caring enough to do it properly. Idiot.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

I always found that stupid. You don't say "you owe me dollar 20", you say "you owe me 20 dollars"

FreshSalad 1

if you're Asian you say " you owe me dolla 20"

annabanana13 0

Reading this was like secondhand embarrassment. I feel so sorry for you. #34, it's not the OP's fault. She [assuming] was going to have it disposed of properly, and the husband didn't. It's his fault. Blame him.

I'm too appalled to even type a decent response to this.

Chill out people, it's a dog. You're all acting like he left it in the kids closet or something

mellow_yellow 0

what a cheap prick. thats disgusting and karma is a bitch (hopefully for that cheap bastard you call a husband) #40, its not a piece of furniture. its a dog. thats part of the family. and it was important enough for the mom to want to take her son of a walk to break the news. its not "hey we got rid of the kitchen table"

caitlinam 0

I agree with #34. If there is no way you can take care of an animal in death then why would you have one in the first place. I understand there are places you can't bury an animal, but you could always sneak it. Ever think of that one? I think you're Husband is a complete asshole. Your pet should be like a family member to you, and that shows that he has no respect for family. He needs to grow some balls and actually think of what he's doing. Maybe next time you people shouldn't have an animal at all. You're completely inconsiderate. #40. You're a dick. An animal should be treated the same way as a human being would be.

leMeepO_o 0

#28 and #40 you can't say "its just a dog get over it". no matter what species, the animal was part of the family and there is no reason what so ever that anything should be treated in such a disrespectful way. the husband should absolutely have to explain to the kid why he didn't have the decency or respect to at least bury the dog. as a pet owner myself, i feel for you and your son, but not at all for your husband.

A hundred dollars is a lot of money, especially to just dispose of an animal corpse.