By cheaphubbyswife - 04/04/2009 09:19 - Canada

Today, I took my son for a walk to tell him about the passing of our family dog. As we were walking by the river, Ozzy (our deceased dog) was laying on the riverbank. My son thought he just ran away and we found him. Turns out my husband was too cheap to pay the 100$ vet disposal fees. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 751
You deserved it 5 998

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TryToBeKind 0

1st - I feel terrible for your son! 2nd - I feel terrible for YOU for having to be tehre when he witnessed this. 3rd - I'd make your HUSBAND explain to your son exacty why he was too selfish to cover the costs of the basics adn why he didn't care about your son enough to do things right. Seriously. He disgusts me.

marykateex3 0

...your husband didn't want to pay to fees AND he didn't even bother burying him? That's ridiculous. I agree with #3 - make HIM explain.

Comments

420hiadventurer 0

Just tell your son that the dog is taking a really long nap.

What a horrible story. You know who to blame for your son's potential mental scarring and depression.

He should have buried it. The vet shouldn't charge $100 to "dispose" of dead things. They aren't real doctors, anyways.

5bye7 0
dudemitch 0

its a dog. get over it. they die all the time i wouldnt pay 100 bucks for a vets "disposal fee" either

You obviously don't care about God's creatures. Sadly he made you. The FAMILY dog could have been buried. I hope you don't have pets or kids. You would be horrible. Don't tell people how to feel. That's like me saying get over a close family member of yours dying...If you care about them that is. COLD.

At least your husband is frugal. This is why we shouldn't have children.

celiaeatsballz 0

that is absolutely horrible.

Today, I took my beloved family dog of many years to be put down. Afterwards, I traveled to our favorite park to bury him along the riverbank. Overwhelmed with grief, I had forgotten a shovel. I left for ten minutes to get one, and after coming home, my wife won't speak to me and my son won't stop crying. FML.

FOR EVERYONE WHO IS SAYING THAT THE HUSBAND WAS LAZY NOT TO BURY IT, IDK IF YOU ALL KNOW THIS, BUT IN MOST PLACES IT IS ILLEGAL TO BURY AN ANIMAL AND VETS AND OTHER PLACES CREMATE IT

Actually #25, vet school is just as intense if not more so than med school. Students are discouraged from becoming vets because the education is so intense. If you think about it, it's like med school for 100 different species. Op, your husband is sick. He could have at least burried the poor dog. 28 and 29, I hope this is how your bodies are treated when you die.