By non believer - 23/09/2010 06:08 - United States

Today, I told my parents I no longer believe in the religion they strictly raised me under. They responded by kicking me out of the house. I'm broke, jobless, and the only person that will take me in is my psycho ex-girlfriend who never got over me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 604
You deserved it 16 463

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm all for standing up for one's beliefs, but if you knew your parents were that strict on their own, you should have at least waited until you were financially stable to say anything.

Tweety122888 0

I'm sorry op. stand up in what you believe no matter what. word of advice sleep with one eye open. lol good luck.

Comments

J_Marine 0

you need to be more tacful next time, you should think about the reactions before you take any actions

Sleekhope 0

What's done is done. I hope you're able to get a job, and get better. People are generally very attached to the religion they believe in (if they are religious). To tell them blatantly, that 'you know what? This is fake and that is fake..etc..' hurts more sentiments than you can fathom. Be careful next time. And try and make amends with your parents.

my boyfriend says psycho sex is the best. he left me once but came back cause he says I'm the best... so you can at least get lots of sex now.

TahoeFMler 22

YDI...you must have known something like that would happen.

I didn't know it would happen to me when it did. I figured since my parents were so devoutly Christian that they would respect my beliefs (or lack thereof) even if they didn't agree with them. Boy, was I wrong. Sometimes you just don't see it coming.

DasHaas 9

I'm curious why everyone thinks he insulted his parents. He could've just said "Parents, I respect you and your beliefs, but they are not mine and I do not wish to fool you into thinking they are, so I will no longer be a part of your religion." Of course they still could've kicked him out if they were hypcrits instead of believers, but no insults from the OPs side are required.

Next time some forthought and planning may help

yummycupcakegirl 0

well they cant change ur beliefs:)

Sorry to hear about this, OP. I was raised Catholic and tried to tell my family I am an atheist when I was a kid. Took a lot of "satan worshiper" and "you're going to hell" comments before they would talk to me again. I hope that they let you back home soon once they get over themselves.