By non believer - 23/09/2010 06:08 - United States

Today, I told my parents I no longer believe in the religion they strictly raised me under. They responded by kicking me out of the house. I'm broke, jobless, and the only person that will take me in is my psycho ex-girlfriend who never got over me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 604
You deserved it 16 463

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm all for standing up for one's beliefs, but if you knew your parents were that strict on their own, you should have at least waited until you were financially stable to say anything.

Tweety122888 0

I'm sorry op. stand up in what you believe no matter what. word of advice sleep with one eye open. lol good luck.

Comments

bleigh 0

take it as a blessing...oh wait lol

OP, how old are you? If you're under a certain age, they can't kick you out for that. If you are over that age, go live with a friend. Simple. I had the same thing happen to me.

Whoa! That's pretty intense. I'm sorry that it happened to you as well. :( My parents would probably consider kicking me out as well if I told them that I don't entirely agree with their religious views...

ohthebloodygore 16

Steph, not that I don't agree with you and all about the age thing, but it still happens. Most people get kicked out from age 15-20. Parents are harsh, I was 'kicked' out at 16. :P

Nerds - Yeah, I tend to speak my mind. I didn't say the "in your face what you believe is a load of crap" thing, but I made it clear that while I respect that they have their religion, I do not wish to be a part of it. Lol, though I wonder if OP said something to the effect of "-insert religion here- is dumb and you shouldn't believe that crap."... Precious - 16 is the age I was referring to. At least where I live, 16 is the minimum age to be kicked out. You aren't able to live on your own and FACS (family and child services, since I don't know whether other places have such a thing) would be involved if the kid was younger than 16. I was kicked out twice before the religious dealio; once at 13 (but I was able to move to my dad's) and once at around 15-16 (and went back to my mother's). If OP had another parent they could live with, I don't think age matters. But if they're expected to be on their own, 16's the minimum here.

I... am so glad I have sane parents. My mom is Jewish, my dad was raised Catholic but is now Agnostic and has serious issues with the Catholic Church... I was raised Jewish and identify as such, but if I had expressed any dissatisfaction or desire not to be my mom wouldn't have done so. They baptized me in the kitchen sink when I was a baby just in case I decided I wanted to be Christian. They would support any religious choice I made. It's terrible what happened to you guys...

Yes, I too am grateful that my parents respect my beliefs. I became agnostic when I stopped believing in Santa when I was 11 (no, really!) and thankfully, apart from mild teasing, I haven't gotten any crap for it. I'm so sorry, OP. It was a brave thing to do, knowing that you can't in good conscience continue to live a lie.

tiger69 0

so while depending on your parents, since you're essentially a failure at life, you thought it would be a good idea to go out of your way to piss them off. YDI to the max

j5p332 6

better find work quick before she gets 100% reattached. but you know, they say everything happens for a reason :)

Sparkiee93 3

You should have kept your mouth shut, is it really that bad to lie to your parents if it means free food and a house? Jeeze.

gusgus36 5

probably you should have waited to tell them this until you weren't living at home and dependent on them...

BoyFromTheFuture 0

just wait until she busts in and says put out or get out. congratulations you are now a prostitute.