By notamathematician - 07/03/2010 10:27 - United States

Today, I told my mom I was 3 months pregnant, expecting her to be happy. Instead, she screamed that I was no longer her daughter and she never wanted to see me again before throwing me out of her house, because I got pregnant out of wedlock. Nice math mom. I've been married for 5 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 591
You deserved it 2 799

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Elissaa_fml 0

Yeah uh huh right I don't believe these kind of FMLs. Your mom must have known that you were married unless you have a horrible, hateful relationship with her.

Are you an idiot??? She told the mom she was pregnant of 3 months. Then the mom flipped out, not because she didn't know about the marriage, but because she failed at math (as OP said), and in her miscalculation she assumed it meant the daughter had gotten pregnant before the marriage. Please work on your reading comprehension.

why are you living with your mom anyways if you are married?? that should tell ya something right there!!!!! and also she probably doesn't want another kid in the house!

Um.. She never said she lived with her mom. She said she got kicked out her HER MOM's HOUSE. Meaning, she was visiting. At least thats how I read it.

That's how most of us read it, 122. Some people just miss a word or two and jump to insane conclusions.

Some people amaze me with their math skills. People notice I'm pregnant and say I look too young (thanks, I guess?), and so I go "I'm 20." and then when I say I'm married, they ask if I got married because I was pregnant. I say no, I've been married over a year. Surprisingly, there are a lot of people with questioning looks on their faces even after I say this.. Married over a year means NO, unless I'm an elephant (2 year gestation for them).

I'm not sure they are giving you questioning looks as opposed to looks of skeptisism. A 19 year old getting married? Jesus Christ.

I was married at 18 1/2. What's wrong with that? We'd been dating for awhile, and we're both stable. Why not reap the benefits of marriage, if we're going to live together anyway?

My mom was just 18 when she got married, and her and my dad are still together to this day. I hate when people right off younger people getting married as them being immature. It DOES work out. Not all 18 year olds are children, just the same as not all 30 year olds are adults.

I got engaged at 18. My fiance and I have had our problems, but we still look forward to getting married. There's nothing wrong with that.

Glad I didn't marry at 18. Although I was pretty mature, you do change a lot at that age - my boyfriend and I changed in different ways, and although at the time I was in love and did actually get engaged, marriage would have been a very bad decision. Having to deal with what to do with the mortgage and the dog and so on was bad enough when we broke up - it would have been so much more complicated if we had to divorce as well. At the risk of sounding like one of those irritating middle-aged I-told-you-so types, you think you know what's best for you at 18, but when you get older you realise you actually didn't.

Well, my mum got married at 18, and they were together for 8 years..but my dad died. A few months later (she was like 26 at the time), she started dating a guy, and was with him for 10 years before they broke up..but they got back together a year later, and are still together now. Married or not, shit happens. If you think it's going to work, and you're willing to try and make it work, go for it. But you also need to be mature enough to realize it's hard, and that sometimes things just happen.

Oh wow. Your mother pays so much attention to big events in your life.

Even if you weren't married when you got pregnant your mother is a retard if she'd throw you out for something like that, ****.

Why would your mom get so mad? FYL @OP

Whit91 0

Haha dude your moms stupid.

fmlsrfunny77 0

wow your moms a bitch tell to come Down... I mean even If u did every one makes mastakes... i know if I got a girl prego my mom won't disone me

It might not have been completely intentional. When you're married, especially at the start, it seems like you're having sex 20 times a day, lol (or maybe that was only my husband and I..). We'd been living together for 2 months before we even got married, but I dunno..marriage made sex seem better, or something. xD Do you really think you're going to remember a condom each and every time (and really, you shouldn't be worrying too much unless you really DON'T want kids) and even then, it's not completely 100%, neither is the pill or anything else short of having your ovaries removed.