By notamathematician - 07/03/2010 10:27 - United States

Today, I told my mom I was 3 months pregnant, expecting her to be happy. Instead, she screamed that I was no longer her daughter and she never wanted to see me again before throwing me out of her house, because I got pregnant out of wedlock. Nice math mom. I've been married for 5 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 591
You deserved it 2 799

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Kockdiesel 0

then why are you living in her house?

lol @all people asking why she is living at her moms place

perdix 29

It's pretty obvious to me. Mom is just trying to weasel her way out of having to be involved with those annoying baby showers. I can't blame her -- those things can be so obnoxious. It's like those guys who get suddenly furious with their girlfriends just before Christmas only to magically forget their anger just after New Year's Day.

and her birthday and valentines day. Don't forget those perdix. And I thought my mom had issues with babysitting...

For those of you asking why OP is living at her mom's house, SHE'S NOT. She was just visiting.

To be honest this sounds like it would be a case of early onset alzimers. I'd insist that your mother went to get checked out. either that or you didn't invite her to the wedding in which case it's entirely your own fault.

Emilyroxx 3

Whats the big deal? I even if she did get pregnant before marrage, it dosent really matter. probably some religous nuts who beleive that jesus forbids it or something. sheesh.

95- she didn't actually have the baby out of wedlock though, nor was the mom accusing her of that. The OP's mom was angry at her for supposedly having sex and getting pregnant out of wedlock. I think it's safe to assume that the mother is either extremely religious or hardcore traditional... but those traditions started in religion, so the original assumption is probably a good one.

AshiKitty 5

I think the "Youre no longer my daughter!!" thing is a dead giveaway that it was religious. XD Which is sad.. you should be there for your family, even if they made a dumb mistake. In this case, the OP didnt, but still... people need to get their priorities in order.

monnanon 13

95 i dont see how a marriage can make it more financially stable for a child if you have the same job, the same house and the same monthly outgoings as you would while married. Im sure i would be slightly better off unmarried becuase i wouldnt have spent thousands on a silly party and white dress

I'd like to know why choosing to wait until your married to have children HAS to be about religion. Whether or not I had any religious background, I'd still want to have children after marriage. Why? Because I feel like I'd be more financially stable at that point along with a mile-long list of other reasons.

Pilla33 0

your husband must be black...that's all I can think of.