By Anonymous - 20/03/2016 02:05 - United States

Spicy
Today, I told my husband that when I get my birth control taken out later this year, I would like to take a break from it for a while. He just said, "Condoms are too expensive and I don't want to waste $2 every time we do it." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 044
You deserved it 2 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let him save his money then and take your break!

"Waste" the phonology used regarding this term refers to negative connotations associated with lack of appreciation and on a familiar basis, a cheap piece of shit

Comments

Diapers are a little bit more expensive, bro.

Then have him get a vasectomy. Bet you 10 dollars he changes his tune

I was scrolling for this exact comment. Offer to pay for his vasectomy and see how that goes. They're also completely reversable if you're worried about kids down the line.

Vasectomies are considered permanent birth control (that is, not reversible). Pregnancy rates fall by about half even with reversal surgery in < 3 years, and further the longer you wait. Still an option worth considering if you don't want kids, but not one where reversal can or should be counted on.

Get yourself a toy and let him fend for himself! It's sad he won't support you . Hope you sort it out op .

It's your body, OP. I hope you told him to mind his own business.

I think he is just being a pouty douche because A. he might have to take responsibility and B. "condoms don't feel as good". Also, like others have mentioned him calling it a "waste" irks me. If he feels that sex and intimacy s a waste, why is he married to you?

thats mesed up because birth control isnt good for your insides. maybe he needs to be educated he sounds like a dick

I think you might be a bit misinformed about birth control, for one there are many different types, if you're concerned about 'unnatural' hormones the copper IUD just releases copper instead for instance. The pill reduces the risk of some types of cancer so it's not all doom and gloom on that front, also many women (myself included) find themselves in better physical and mental health on it. I know the side effects can be hell for some women but 'bad for your insides' is generally incorrect.

Birth control saved my insides. Or are you telling me bleeding for 10 months is soooo normal for a body to do?

ourtneyc 14

hey it's possible to still sexually pleasure each other without intercourse! all is not lost

Tell him food is expensive and you will save precious calories by not having sex.