By Anonymous - 20/03/2016 02:05 - United States

Spicy
Today, I told my husband that when I get my birth control taken out later this year, I would like to take a break from it for a while. He just said, "Condoms are too expensive and I don't want to waste $2 every time we do it." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 044
You deserved it 2 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let him save his money then and take your break!

"Waste" the phonology used regarding this term refers to negative connotations associated with lack of appreciation and on a familiar basis, a cheap piece of shit

Comments

Adam and eve. Amazon. If he doesnt want to wear a condom he doesnt get sex, end of story. Why should you have to pump your body of hormones because he is lazy?

Men are simple. You need to ask him if you are ready for a family flat out. But if he thinks condoms are expensive, then no hes not ready. There is a copper iud that has no hormones.

Hmm. I think, as a guy, if my significant other said "I'm thinking about having my birth control removed" or something similar, I would not assume that meant she wanted a family. Responding with "So, are you ready for kids then?" seems like a dick move for the same reason complaining about condoms is (not taking responsibility for contraception). Post-ACA, nearly all insurers in the US cover hormonal or implant birth control at no out-of-pocket cost, but condoms you're on your own for. I think raising the out-of-pocket cost of various options for contraception is reasonable, but it could've been done with a lot more respect and class on his part. The dollar cost of a given mode is not the only consideration, nor is it necessarily the most important, especially if you've had side effects on your current method.

nykkilynn16 7

Then no sec for him. Problem solved.

kenwolfy 14

At least u get some. I get none cuz im ugly

saffy66 34

At least you know he's not going to pay a hooker - if he doesn't think it's worth spending $2 to have sex, he's probably not worth sleeping with anyway. Offer to buy the condoms for him; I bet he comes up with another excuse. Some men just don't like condoms.

Condoms may be expensive, but guess how much a kid costs...

Then tell him to get a vasectomy, in the long run its cheaper than having to get birth control all the time, that is if he gets check ups to make sure it sticks and the testicles don't reconnect with the rest of the semen making system.

Is he seriously making birthcontrol solely her responsibility?!?? A real man would take his girlfriends physical needs seriously. OP just take out a 2 dollar tax for everytime you guys have sex. If he asks what it's for just say it's a birthcontrol tax, cause you really can't afford to have a child right now. The alternative would be for him to reaquaint himself with his hand for the duration of your break. It's your body, your physical wellfare is important and you're entitled to do what you want with it. Also you shouldn't be the sole person responlible for birthcontrol.