By Anonymous - 20/03/2016 02:05 - United States

Spicy
Today, I told my husband that when I get my birth control taken out later this year, I would like to take a break from it for a while. He just said, "Condoms are too expensive and I don't want to waste $2 every time we do it." FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 044
You deserved it 2 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Let him save his money then and take your break!

"Waste" the phonology used regarding this term refers to negative connotations associated with lack of appreciation and on a familiar basis, a cheap piece of shit

Comments

given that you're both clean, chart your ovulation. I use a phone app, and it was 100% accurate for us. No surprises for 2 1/2 years, then got a baby on our first try. Remember, it'll be more accurate the more months you put in, but gives you a wide range of "warning days" to make up for it.

That only tells you you ovulated three days after. Not really a good no pregnancy indicator. It even says NOT to use it to prevent pregnancy right in the disclaimer. At least fertility friend does.

Crazy! Did he think that your birth control was free of charge? Don't you have family budget for things that you both do together? I would imagine sex is one of such things. Or he may go without it.

ulissey_fml 22

There's always ****** ring ; that's what my own friends use. Totally painless and easy to fit, you only bother once a month, it can get out whenever you feel like it .

I had the ****** ring (nuvaring) before, I had to stop using it when that product became illegal to sell in Europe because an unacceptable risk of blood clutters that could (and has) lead to full body paralysis and death.

I'm really, really sorry to hear what happened to you, hellraisedfire. However, I'd like to clarify a couple of things. Firstly, to my knowledge, Nuvaring isn't banned in Europe or anywhere else. Secondly, being a combined hormonal contraceptive, Nuvaring does indeed increase the risk of venous thrombosis (blood clots), but the risk is on a par with typical birth control pills (those that contain two types of hormones; not the so-called mini-pills). The law cases against the company concern giving misleading information about the clotting risk increase. The company was essentially making customers and physicians believe that it's a safer contraceptive option for people who have elevated clotting risk (smokers or those who have a genetic predisposition for clots, for example). TL;DR: Nuvaring isn't banned anywhere and its risk of causing blood clots is comparable to typical birth control pills. The company misinformed everyone about the clotting risk.

if OP is taking a break post contraceptive removal to give her body a rest before trying for kids, just tell husband that getting pregnant too early will result in a retarded sick child (just say it does) and then tell him that if the kid is sick then its HIS responsibility to look after it for the rest of his life. If you aren't going to have kids, tell HIM to get a vasectomy. or tell him to look up "pain olympics" and do that to himself. He has options other than condoms.

Yeah, because lying to your spouse is totally the way to handle things responsibly.

Then save him money and don't give him anything.

For those saying no se without a condom, he can still pleasure her, as using his tongue and figures are free. It only costs money if he wants intercourse. His being an idiot doesn't mean she cant have some fun.

People aren't getting onto OP for wanting a break from her BC? She sounds just as much at fault. Sounds lazy too. I've veen on several and it is not a hassle at all. She's putting it all on the guy now, and the other option being no sex if neither of them want to take responsibility. BC is a huge responsibility. That's like wantingbto just casually take a break from paying your bills or feeding a newborn.

I don't think it's like that at all. Most forms of birth control are hormonal and NOT good for you long-term. It's perfectly alright for OP to want to give her body a break for a few months, especially if she's anticipating trying for kids in the next 5 years and doesn't want her cycle screwed up.

Ah yes, so because it isn't a hassle for you, it's therefore exactly the same and not a hassle for anyone else. The husband is bitching about having to, for once, be the one to deal with the birth control, and the OP is the one being lazy?? No, this is not the OP's fault at all, she wants a break from her birth control, it's good for your body to not be on it for too long, and the husband isn't even considerate enough to accommodate and think about that. On top of that, he has been the one putting the responsibility all on the OP for the last while, and now that it is his turn, he's complaining. She has been the one dealing with all the birth control, and now she wants the husband to take responsibility this one time for a little while, and now it's suddenly a big deal and a burden? No, that is not ok.

With most birth control taking breaks is entirely unnecessary, they're safe up until you'd be having your menopause anyway. Really it's all down to the user whether they want a break from the side effects, but there's no need to do it just because you think it's healthy.

#97 i think the point of the whole fml, and this comment thread is the husband acting like it's normal for the woman the bear the responsibility of the birth control but when it comes to him wearing condoms it suddenly isn't worth paying anything anymore. And the person who started this accusing the OP of being lazy and putting all fault and responsibility on the man. If she wants to take a break, needed or not, that's her choice, her husband should respect that but instead he's complaining about having to spend a few dollars for condoms.

My comment was in response to the person saying birth control isn't good for you in the long term, I was just trying to counteract all the misinformation out there that breaks are somehow healthier for you. Of course OP should have a break if she feels like it, whatever her reasoning, it would be a shame if it was because someone was feeding her the wrong facts though.

Google "long term effects of birth control." There are risks any time you put chemicals in your body. I'm not advocating against birth control, I'm just saying people need to get informed and then weigh the pros and cons for themselves.

Google throws up lots of results, are we talking scientific peer-reviewed studies here or stuff anyone could have written? If in doubt I'd suggest talking to the person prescribing it to you, it's good to be fully informed.

subtle hint meets man. 》 man remains blissfully ignorant :)

andrmac 25

Um Amazon?? Look at the prices 50-144 count $15-25 depending brand and type. I'm sure he'd like a variety pack to mix it up a bit.